Cold Plate Refrigerator/Freezer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CW

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Tortuga
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 42-125
I have an older holding plate refrigerator freezer by Glacier Bay (now out of business). Worked great until the compressor went out. It is powered by a 24 VDC motor, belt driven. My refrigeration guy says that no one is making the compressor. A firm in Ft Lauderdale may be able to rebuild. Any thoughts?

Chris
TORTUGA
KK 42-125

Call the owner - Cleve Horton - at Seafrost - while I’m sure he would like to sell you something he is also a good source of knowledge and likes to talk.

Seafrost for the phone number.

No doubt FF will be around shortly.

Mike

Last edited:
Any belt driven compressor can easily be replaced .

Take the existing compressor with you to the refrigeration folks and IF they cant rebuild it , another similar will be in any supply catalog.You may find a rebuild kit in a catalog.

You install it to the mount and do the belt size dance , then have them come and install the compressor oil and charge the system.

IF it is really old with F-12 , the newer freon works lousy so run times will be increased some.

Call the owner - Cleve Horton - at Seafrost - while I’m sure he would like to sell you something he is also a good source of knowledge and likes to talk.

Mike

:thumb: We had a SeaFrost cold plate system with their DC-5000, 12volt, 1/2 hp direct drive compressor for 8 years. Cleve was great to work with.

Thanks guys. My frig guy is suppose to be down this weekend to remove the compressor for possible rebuild. It's nice to know that there are alternatives.

Chris

In my experience this is the best type:

Sanden USA:

i work with sanden many years in my sailboat and other yachts.
But chance the filter and oil.

No doubt FF will be around shortly.

Mike

I am missing in the " Seafrost " installation the oil separator in the compressor output line !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom