A Cannon for Coot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder why the spill checker didn't catch that?

Marks new stern thruster

Attachments

• image-171506638.jpg
    image-171506638.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 76
Kaboom! First shot was Oct. 12 approaching the Pittsburg Marina.

img_184448_0_63d1f16eb319c56b506eec057f52245d.jpg

I can see why you leave your port fenders deployed while using the canon. One can almost see a shift to port in your wake.

That's wonderful Mark! How about some detail pictures of the loading and firing process? Who did you buy it from? Any plans to mount it on that pretty little dinghy of yours?

Well boys, a change in beer is called for.........:thumb:

Attachments

• beer_11.jpg
    beer_11.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 172
That's wonderful Mark! How about some detail pictures of the loading and firing process? Who did you buy it from? Any plans to mount it on that pretty little dinghy of yours?

RBG Cannons.

No detailed photos on the loading process. ... One turns the breach (the fat end of the cannon) one-quarter turn counter-clockwise and then pulls it from the barrel. The shell is placed in the barrel. They breach is returned/secured to the barrel. The firing pin is cocked. Then one pulls on the lanyard. Boom.

No plans to mount on dinghy. A new mount would need to be designed/built.

I bet if you did that around an oil rig in the gulf you would get a visit from the costi's very quick.

RT, our cannon's bark is a lot sharper than the deer's whatever.

When we returned Saturday from Sausalito we heard several loud shots. Sounded like a shotgun to me, as opposed to pistol or rifle. Perla wondered why we didn't hear police sirens in response. Then I realized the next-door-neighbor yacht club was making signals for its midwinter race starts.

" Then I realized the next-door-neighbor yacht club was making signals for its midwinter race starts. "

So you decided to return fire! I like it.

In 1980 we had a very rough beam sea crossing of Chesapeake Bay from St. Michaels to Galesville on the West River. We were in a little 34 MT, and were a little beat up. We were put out near the end of the dock at Pirates Cove Marina. I stretched out on the bunk in the rear cabin. Unnoticed by me was a raised platform at the very end of the dock. We were almost directly under it. I heard a very loud BOOM!, jumped up, and hit my hear on the overhead.

It seems they have sailboat races every Wednesday evening, and start the races with a cannon fired from the platform. That was the week that we were probably the last to know that Mr. St. Helens blew up. We were anchored for the week. What a great week it was.

By the way, according to this they still have the racesl

Scenic dining waterfront restaurant seafood, Pirate's Cove Restaurant Marina Lodging Giftshop Dining on the West River Galesville, MD Marina

Last edited:
RT, our cannon's bark is a lot sharper than the deer's whatever.

When we returned Saturday from Sausalito we heard several loud shots. Sounded like a shotgun to me, as opposed to pistol or rifle. Perla wondered why we didn't hear police sirens in response. Then I realized the next-door-neighbor yacht club was making signals for its midwinter race starts.

I'm just glad you didn't shoot it as you were leaving Sausalito at 0700! I would have had the same reaction as Moon Unit!

Back
Top Bottom