Old 09-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #41
Guru

City: Wilmington, NC
Vessel Name: Louisa
Vessel Model: Custom Built 38
Yea, sounds like something is not right with that machine.

Ski in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #42
Guru

City: Biloxi Mississippi
Vessel Name: Patricia Louise II
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck
Update- after discussing with the tech at Mermaid they asked me to package the unit back (they sent a box and paid freight). I was promised to be put at the front of the list- which was the case. The expansion valve was sticking- which is what the tech thought he would find. I installed Friday evening and enjoyed a cool boat this weekend. Supply air is now a chilly 50 degrees.
Ultimately I'm very happy with the product and warranty service- but be aware that service work will probably require removal and shipping back. After 6 months, the freight will be at your expense as I recall.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Old 02-12-2015, 01:43 AM   #43

City: Slidell Louisiana
I could use a little advise

[QUOTE=Forkliftt;275431]Update- after discussing with the tech at Mermaid they asked me to package the unit back (they sent a box and paid freight). I was promised to be put at the front of the list- which was the case. The expansion valve was sticking- which is what the tech thought he would find. I installed Friday evening and enjoyed a cool boat this weekend. Supply air is now a chilly 50 degrees.
Ultimately I'm very happy with the product and warranty service- but be aware that service work will probably require removal and shipping back. After 6 months, the freight will be at your expense as I recall.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135'. Hi my name is Tim I see you have a present sundeck trawler I am in process of buying a 1988 42 ft present sundeck trawler with twin 135 lemans the engines have 5 k hours and so does generator just wondering if you could offer some advice to help me decide on this purchase ]
Timboncopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:41 PM   #44
Guru

City: Punta Gorda, fl
Vessel Name: Escapade
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37 2002
When it comes to AC units one of the main factors is air flow. The grey flexible ducting is really handy, but it is more restrictive than large thin wall PVC pipe using "Swept" elbows instead of 90 degree fittings. You can improve air flow dramatically using this type of ducting. Also to keep the coil air intake as clean as possible consider using a home air filter as your primary filter in your return air. When the coil air intake fins do get dirty you can purchase an AC foam spray cleaner made by Cobra to clean them. Just spray on the Cobra foam, watch it expand, let it sit for a few minutes and low pressure hose off. Because of the fins obviously do not use a brush. My unit was 8 years old and I was surprised how much black soot looking stuff come out. The Cobra AC cleaner can be found at http://www.mainsupplies.com/index.ph...index&cPath=60

Pgitug is offline   Reply With Quote