Airphone intercom systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Third Degree

My intercom to the flybridge stopped. Does anyone know where the transformer is located or had simular problems? What was your fix?

Jim
35' CHB Ponderosa

Mine has batteries in the flybridge set. It slides up like a wall mounted phone and the batteries are in the back. 6 AA if I remember right.

I thought of that also. There must be something that is similar and does not cost an arm and a leg. Anyone replace one of these systems with something else?

I have Cobra two ways which also work when taking a dinghy ride, hike, shopping trip etc.

We also have the Eartech headset units for docking and undocking in less than ideal conditions.

We currently have the Airphone system that came with the boat. It has worked flawlessly for two years now so I assume that it does not have batteries. In fact it is connected to the electrical panel and can be shut off there.

We are upgrading our VHF system to an Icom 504 with a remote Command Mike which has intercom capabilities so will have a back-up system. Haven't installed (or even actually purchased) it yet so don't know how well it will work as an intercom, which is not its primary function anyway.

Back
Top Bottom