Brrrrrr!! Scary thought!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Old 03-21-2015, 07:25 PM   #42

City: Kent Island
Vessel Name: Sundowner
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 36 MrkII
I have the nature's head and a Sea Era head. The nature's head always works!

Gulfstar 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #43
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfstar 36 View Post
I have the nature's head and a Sea Era head. The nature's head always works!

It's been about a year now since you've installed that nature's head, please give us a review of how it has worked out for you. I'm contemplating installing one in Bliss right now.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:54 AM   #44
FF
Guru

The nature's head always works!

If you can keep male guests from using it with out sitting down first , and don't mind sneaking up at midnight to dump the urine container overboard.

We use one in a cottage and a 2 inch to 1/2 inch bronze reducing coupling allows the urine to access the old failed septic line , with no hassles.

They are great , but not great for public use.
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 AM   #45
TF Site Team

City: Paris,TN
Vessel Name: William
Vessel Model: Outer reef 32
We have the Jabsco quiet flush although it doesn't seem so quiet . This is my first electric head so maybe I don't know how quiet it's supposed to be . I need to listen to someone else's .
Old 03-22-2015, 07:39 AM   #46
Guru

City: Maryland
Vessel Model: 42' Sportfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Mule View Post
We have the Jabsco quiet flush although it doesn't seem so quiet . This is my first electric head so maybe I don't know how quiet it's supposed to be . I need to listen to someone else's .

Might depend on age... Ours started getting louder at approx. the 9 year mark, and then we also started seeing a slight leak around the shaft seal.

After trying a partial rebuild (inexpensive parts, in their "service kit") -- no improvement in noise and it still leaked a bit. I talked to the Jabsco folks after that, and they allowed as how I had probably gotten my money's worth. Over time, wear and tear on the chopper plate (part #14), macerator (#16), macerator housing (#15), and the motor shaft itself increases tolerances, adds to noise, etc.

(And the still-leaking part was probably because I hadn't replaced the "slinger" -- but that would have been more work, and wasn't included in the service kit for some reason... so I hadn't known I might need it.)

Anyway, bottom line was that -- rather than ordering "slingers" and then tearing down/rebuilding again and then still probably having excessive noise to enjoy...

$170 later I had replaced the whole pump/motor assembly and that was a LOT easier than fooling with the crappola (service kit) and it was a LOT quieter (again) afterwards.

-Chris
Old 03-22-2015, 07:58 AM   #47
FF
Guru

If you like the Sound of Silence , come on over and use the Skipper II , a silent Stroke or two , of a big bronze handle.

No need to put your face on the toilet seat as with the small pull handle pumpers

KISS actually works!
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #48

City: Kent Island
Vessel Name: Sundowner
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 36 MrkII
It works pretty well. We still use the type I up forward but the biggest win for us is no more smell from under our berth and no more pump out stations. You do have to mind the pee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
It's been about a year now since you've installed that nature's head, please give us a review of how it has worked out for you. I'm contemplating installing one in Bliss right now.
Gulfstar 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #49
Guru

City: Mooloolaba
Vessel Name: Tidahapah
Vessel Model: Bert Ellis Timber motor cruiser
Over the last 20 years on Tidahapah I have had a series of toilets and systems .
By far the best was a standard household toilet flushing straight over the side.
Regulation soon put a stop to that.
I have had various cheap maserating toilets and all are noisy , and don't last long.
Eventually I spent the dollars and installed 2 Tecma silence plus units.
My Boss lady still thanks me every time she uses one of them these days, they are quiet, efficient, they discharge discretely under water and have never blocked up.
Well worth the time and money.
Cheers
Benn
Tidahapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #50
TF Site Team

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: LISAS WAY
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
I have to say that when I first bought our boat with vaccuflush units I wanted to change them out wiith Raritan heads. I like Raritan, everything about the company and the folks that work there.

Since then I have learned to respect my Vaccuflush heads.

I like the fact that I can rebuild the head itself from the top down. I like the fact that the head uses a hopusehold style drain system where the other heads I've used have a huge hose thats always a PITA to remove.

I even like the vaccume units once I learned about them. Simple reliable diaphram pump creating a vaccume.

Yes Raritan still holds a special place for me. I have a hold n treat, and just installed a new electro-scan with salt feed tank. That said, I'll be keeping my vaccuflush heads.

www.mvlisasway.com
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote