AC fan speed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomsboat

Vessel Make
Mainship Trawler
I have 2 marine AC units with a passport I/O control unit for each one.They have been working fine for 5 years.Now one units fan will only run on low speed it has 6 speed available .The fan will not run in any speed but low on AC or fan only.Anyone got any ideas what could cause this Tom

Is the "passport I/O control unit" analog or digital?
How many power leads does the fan motor have?

What is the model and serial numbers of your passport I/O control unit?

FAN
Fan-speed operation is automatic, allowing fan speed to decrease as set-point temperature is approached in the Cool Mode.
The fan operates at low speed when set point is satisfied.
Normally the automatic fan speed operation is reversed in the Heating Mode, however, you can program the fan to operate the
same as in the Cooling Mode.
Press the Fan button to select manual fan speeds if you want to override automatic operation. You can program the fan to run
only during a cool or heat cycle, otherwise the fan runs constantly.

fan speed

my I/O passport is digital my AC unit is 10000 but 208/230 model # SVCD10KZ/2-HV the fan only runs on 1 speed on fan or AC

Call this guy- he’s been great and when I’ve referred, others have said the same

Mark Bower
Service Technician

Phone (954) 366-2778
mark.bower@dometic.com

I have 2 marine AC units with a passport I/O control unit for each one.They have been working fine for 5 years.Now one units fan will only run on low speed it has 6 speed available .The fan will not run in any speed but low on AC or fan only.Anyone got any ideas what could cause this Tom

I had a similar problem with Marine Aire. Pull out the manual, check the codes for each parameter, somehow some of mine had changed, when I reset them, fan worked normally again.

Back
Top Bottom