2006 Mainship 34T Reverse Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RossWilson

Vessel Name
Good Vibrations
Vessel Make
Mainship 34T
Hello Everyone: After reviewing all the manuals and brochures that I inherited with my "new" vessel, I found nothing on the reverse air system. Can anyone kindly advise what brand MS used in 2006? All I want to really do is to decipher the control panel to properly operate the units.

And there is another less significant mystery surrounding the entertainment equipment. There are no manuals for the seemingly interconnected Sole (solay)television and the JVC CD/DVD player. I've managed to figure out how to play a CD and power up the radio. But that's it. Any ideas on how I might find a manual for 13 year old electronics? Thanks.:)

Dealers typically installed A/C so it could be anything, although the Dometic Cruisaire was commonly installed. Can you post a pic of the control panel which would help in identifying it.

I owned a 2006 34T some years ago and vaguely remember using the TV and the CD/DVD player through the same amplifier but I'll be damned if I can describe how almost a decade later.

Also you realize that the Sole TV from that era had and analogue tuner and all OTA TV is now digital. The antenna doesn't care and I replaced the Sole with a digital TV after digital became common. I found a digital 12V DC TV and cut off its brick and wired it to the DC power panel nearby so I could use it without having shore power available.

I would be glad to help with anything else you need to know. Also Bacchus posted a full bill of materials and part info for the 34T in the Library/Manuals section of this forum.

David

Last edited:
+1 on the photo of the control panel. It always helps to have a photo to id anything.

Ross
Photo or model info - should be on the unit either in saloon under the inlet filter or under the fwd hatch under the bed.
I have some Dometic info in PDF if I know what make / model.
PM me email and i can send you what I have - it might help even if not exactly the same model. I believe there are a few different control unit types.

I have a Sole TV and it's digital so ne need for the D/A converter box - I simply don't use it and the box seems to pass the signal through w/o issue - not sure when they changed to digital and it seems MS didn't realize it as they installed the converter box in mine.
I did exactly what Dave suggested - ran a 12V supply so no need to 120V power to watch TV.
On my Sole the remote has source buttons <- -> that changes the source and one is Video.

I'd have guessed maybe Marine Airrrr, possibly a Vector Compact. This would be from before Dometic started buying everybody. Sometimes you can puzzle it out by looking at the control panel and working backwards from there. Some search terms for control panels are: Passport, Passport II, Elite, SMX...

In 2006, and if it's a Vector Comapct AC, then I''d guess it wold be paired with Passport II or Elite controls.

Just guessing, though...

-Chris

Thanks everyone. Sadly, I'm away from my boat for a bit. But upon my return, I'll poke around a little more to see if I can find some labels. And I'll take photos for posting here. I'll be back. :)

If the AC proves to be one of the companies now owned by Dometic- this guy will be of help and most likely have access to old materials as well as guidance. He’s been terrific to me and others

Mark Bower
Service Technician

Phone (954) 366-2778
mark.bower@dometic.com

My 2005 has a Marine Air.

9AED63D8-6B85-4022-A12C-DDBCCCD6275B.jpg

This is the manual:

http://www.tropicalmarineairconditioning.com/sheets/L-2230_Elite_Operation_20091102.pdf

Todd

Mainship Rev Air Unit

Thanks, Todd. That's the one. Now I'll not be setting it blind.

Back
Top Bottom