what to look for in a trawler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the full walk areund deck and one level front to back.

I own a Diesel Duck 462 hull #5 and we burn 1.6 gallons per hour at 6.5 knots and 1500 RPM. That is close to a liter per mile and we can carry 7,500 liters of fuel.
I'm new to the forum but we have spent the last 7 years aboard Dora Mac and we're now in London, UK

Thanks for posting and welcome. I have read of the Dora Mac's journeys here and there on various blogs. Its amazing how the Duck Flock seems to gather in far away places. I would be reading someone's post or blog, and a Diesel Duck boat name would be mentioned and I would recognize the name, :nonono: which might mean I am reading too much! :rofl:

We are off to the Trawler Fest in WA this May. Bill Kimley mentioned that a 462 would be at the show but I did not recognize the owners or the boats name. Somehow over the weekend, I surfed into David Cohn's blog about bringing the Shearwater back to the US from China which I read in its entirety. I did not realize until today that the Sherwater will be the 462 at the show! :)

Later,
Dan

I attended that show in 2004 and helped show 462 hull #1 at the Seattle show in 2006. There were people lined up on the dock waiting to see the boat. We have found that our Diesel Duck has always been well received when we pull into a marina.
mydoramac.com

>

The CPP solves the problem. Controllable Pitch Propeller, not as expensive as you might imagine.

Which gear mfg are you referring to? I've priced the prop/shaft/tranny combos before and they were minimum 20k for a small boat.

We alternated btwn the main @ 850rpm and the wing @ 450rpm

Is this SHAFT rpm? What engines?

Many modern diesels wont idle at 450 rpm.

Most eng mfg start their HP graphs at the lowest allowable engine load speed frequently 1500, but for some its 1200rpm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom