Washing Machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When we were in the market for a boat we told our buyer broker what our list of needs and wants were. One of my wife's was either an existing washer/dryer or a sufficient space for one.

On a trial for one boat we were interested in, the selling broker was expousing the virtues of the vessel and our buyers broker asked where the washer dryer was (it didn't have them). The selling broker, by his looks and attitude was ridiculing him, we expect based on his priority of value. We saw that interchange.
After that we negated everything else the selling broker said, right or wrong.
Our broker had our priorities in hand and was representing us. The selling broker did not recognize that, and ended up with a non-sell.
It may seem insignificant in the overall capability of the boat - but if it is a top priority of the wife, right or wrong, a selling broker should ignore it at his peril!

Yep, we recently closed on our 'new to us' boat, a 1988 42' CHB Present Sundeck. My wife also told our buying broker we wanted washer/dryer or space for one - found it! Vented combo unit nicely tucked in lower part of hall closet :thumb:

Old Dan1943, if your missus see's that you'll be doing your washing by hand :hide:

My 'house mouse' has ruined some of her clothes in the Splendide. Now she washes her clothing by hand. Trying to ruin my clothes is like trying to ruin a duffel bag. I look best in wrinkled shorts and shirts.

Per my dishwasher comment..... I do all the cooking. I do a certain amount of clean up as I cook too. After a breakfast or a dinner, she sends me to the other side of the saloon with the admonition, "go sit down." We seem to work well together. I mess, she cleans. LOL

Only pulling your leg Dan.

I'm an early bird so I always make the breakfast.
We share the cooking/cleaning, whoever does the cooking the other does the cleaning up after (with the dishwasher).
The admiral looks after the washing machine and I do everything below the floorboards and any boat repairs.
It works well for us.

We never had one before until the current boat. Splendid...great for towels and swim suits which we go through rapidly in the Summer being in and out of the water all day. Overall, glad we got one. A water maker is on the longer term list to help feed it.

Only pulling your leg Dan.

I'm an early bird so I always make the breakfast.
We share the cooking/cleaning, whoever does the cooking the other does the cleaning up after (with the dishwasher).
The admiral looks after the washing machine and I do everything below the floorboards and any boat repairs.
It works well for us.

Yup, figured as much.
I do hope you have at least introduced her to some of the chores below decks, in case you are laid up.
Yes, sounds like it has worked well for you two.

I found that having a dishwasher aboard is much cheaper and quieter than having one that sleeps with me. And it doesn't nag me about selling the boat and buying a house. A few parts or even a completely new one is a bargain.

I found that having a dishwasher aboard is much cheaper and quieter than having one that sleeps with me. And it doesn't nag me about selling the boat and buying a house. A few parts or even a completely new one is a bargain.

And when it gets old and stops working, you can cut it up with a sawzall and throw the pieces into dumpsters all over town........

Back
Top Bottom