Taking the Plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy @$@@&$&@&$!!!!!! They accepted our offer! Fast tracking to survey and sea trial.

I think I pooped myself a little!!!

Awesome!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

At first, my wife did not like the "Ricky and Lucy" beds in the master but once she found out they were both doubles she was fine with it. I think they will work great when she has to work late into the night "Sawing those logs"! Gives me another bed to scooch over to.

The beds were the issue I had with that boat. Hope the survey works out for you.

Seek and you shall find! Good luck with survey.

Well everyone said the right boat will find you. I think it might just have in our case.

She's so purty!!

Attachments

• ten knots front.jpg
    ten knots front.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 191
  • ten knots rear.jpg
    ten knots rear.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 172
Greetings,
WRONG ANCHOR....Sorry, I panicked. Um, very nice...

ll1.gif

Pee Ass: DON'T GET EMOTIONAL AT THIS STAGE!!!!!!!!

Wow, I like it. Don't worry about the anchor, plenty of people here will tell you what you need. Of course no two of the suggestions will be the same.

Welcome Friar George and Betty Jo!

Don't know why I missed this thread. I am so happy your boat found you! Have you started an update list yet? :rolleyes:

Look forward to hearing your adventures. You received great advise from the TF crowd! Now you need to name your boat and that involves family, friends and lots of adult beverages.

Here is the link:

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

By the way TF crowd, with Friar George and Betty Jo’s permission (I hope) I would like to propose that the good Friar could be the unofficial (or official) Friar for TF? He could bless our fleet each year on the first day of spring? :thumb:

Unofficial Chaplain? I'd be honored!

Greetings,
With the possibility of this being moved to OTDE will Mr. frg's machinations include, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist and assorted other denominational rites? I have no problems with a "blessing" of the fleet but we don't want to leave anyone behind do we?
Further do the atheist/agnostic bunch get a...

good-luck.gif

?????

Last edited:
Looks to be a beautiful boat!

Hope it works out for you folks.
I had difficulty with that style because I needed dog Transom access.
Will you have a way to get Patrick on and off?

Attachments

• Cassie and Sunday.jpg
    Cassie and Sunday.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Winter Sun.JPG
    Winter Sun.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 122
I was thinking we needed a Fleet Chaplain. I'm sure Friar George can come up with a nice Non Denominational Blessing of the Fleet.

Bravo!

Attachments

• Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Copy of Art & Linda on TO - Maltese Falcon SF Bay Entry Spring 2009_100_1391.JPG
    Copy of Art & Linda on TO - Maltese Falcon SF Bay Entry Spring 2009_100_1391.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Freda B.JPG
    Freda B.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Father George certainly has my vote for the TF Chaplain. There may be some of us who need prayers beyond those offered by our wives.

In addition to Mr. RTF's list, we must also include adherents to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

George - The following song is TRUE when you purchase a "new" to you boat [especially your first one]! :thumb: :D

PS: If at all possible: Be there and listen carefully, take notes during all surveys (marine and mechanical). As a new boater you should be able to learn a bunch of important stuff!

Last edited:
Welcome Friar George and Betty Jo!
Now you need to name your boat and that involves family, friends and lots of adult beverages.

I would like to propose that the good Friar could be the unofficial (or official) Friar for TF? He could bless our fleet each year on the first day of spring? :thumb:

Agree... :thumb::thumb:
Welcome - Congratulations on new boat and appointment as Chaplain

Highly recommend following nautical tradition.
We have renamed 3 boats now and followed the tradition with very good results... I know others that scoffed at the tradition and didn't fair as well.

Our marina combined our "annual blessing of the fleet" with renaming of new boats - managed to get everyone involved with costumes (togas) and all!
This stuff is FUN! :dance:

Attachments

• Boat 2013_9_6 C.jpg
    Boat 2013_9_6 C.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 91
  • 023 C.jpg
    023 C.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0101 C.jpg
    DSC_0101 C.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Boat 2013_9_34 C.jpg
    Boat 2013_9_34 C.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Greetings,
General question...If Mr. frg is to be the friar does he have to get one of these?
th

Good golly. He needs a bigger boat already and he hasn't even had his sea trial yet...Decisions, decisions....

mth.gif

Greetings,
With the possibility of this being moved to OTDE will Mr. frg's machinations include, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist and assorted other denominational rites? I have no problems with a "blessing" of the fleet but we don't want to leave anyone behind do we?

As a Fire Chaplain I have to include all religions. That is what Chaplains do. There should be absolutely no proselytizing. If certain rites of other religions need be performed, we collaborate with Chaplains of that particular religion, i.e., funeral, marriage rites, etc.

No worries

Greetings,
General question...If Mr. frg is to be the friar does he have to get one of these?
th

Good golly. He needs a bigger boat already and he hasn't even had his sea trial yet...Decisions, decisions....

mth.gif

That's funny. My wife and I sold our hot dog cart before moving down here. We ran an on the side catering biz called Donny's Dogs. Hum. I wonder....ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427204839.583224.jpg

Ah hem....back on topic:

We are scheduled for haul out and sea trial April 1 and that ain't no April Fools joke! If all goes well we will own her April 13.

Slips falling into place and already have insurance lined up.

We are going back for another look with my Son and grand kids this Thursday. The Admiral is anxious to take some measurements. I guess u know what that means. My poor wallet already hurts!

I will post some photos after the visit.

Congratulations: Don't forget booze for Neptune.

A good opportunity for a party!

Greetings,
Further do the atheist/agnostic bunch get a...

good-luck.gif

?????

Give me a break. PC BS needs to be in OTDE, not here.

Greetings,
Mr. frg. Just went through the YW listing. She is purdy indeed!
A few observations: It appears ALL exterior teak has been painted over. Now this is either a blessing or a curse. Blessing: little to no maintenance, "cleaner" look, easier overcoat if necessary. Curse: Why was this done? What is the paint hiding? Some prefer the contrast of dark teak coloring against the white paint.
Lots of messy rattle can "tune up" in the ER. Again, what defects, if any, is the PO trying to hide?
Take a careful look at inaccessible spots. This is where a digital camera held a arms length in behind stuff and into cubby holes comes in handy. Can't see behind something? The camera can. Make notes as to what each picture is. Don't lose the notes (don't ask me why).
Also inspect typical areas of leakage like under windows or around fittings. Have "decorative" moldings been added? Have these areas been painted or over veneered? Are there glops of sealant/caulking around anything both inside and outside. Has silicone sealant been used anywhere?
What do the through hulls look like? Are they easily movable? Are the hoses in serviceable condition and well clamped?
Given your medical condition, age and physical size(NO insult or offense intended, we all are what we are) can you readily reach and service outboard areas of the motors?
As you're fully aware, GET A GOOD SURVEY!!!
Oh, did I mention...do NOT allow emotions to enter into ANY aspect of inspection or negotiations. Up until the ink dries on both the sales receipt and your $100 bills, be fully prepared to walk away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom