Taking the Plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How wonderful! We are probably going to be over in Punta Gorda area. My son is in Deerfield but slip fees on that side, that area are just out of this world.

We are just north of Punta and pass it a great deal great adventures over here

Stop in for Captains hour ( we do not limit to a hour)

We are just north of Punta and pass it a great deal great adventures over here

Stop in for Captains hour ( we do not limit to a hour)

We will ping you for sure! Thanks.

I will eagerly follow your progress. Its an inspiration. I have gone back and read many threads in TF about becoming liveaboards, downsizing clutter, etc and they have been extremely helpful. After last month's great Trawlerfest we have figured out the boat we want to buy but still have to sell the house and get rid of a lot of stuff. I plan on cheating quite a bit by storing a lot of things in our huge barn. We will sell that when we come ashore some day - hopefully not for a long time.

5 days to departure. Still so much to do. Down to giving away the last of the furniture.

Sat. We had my youngest son, his wife and our newest grand baby over. Saying goodbye to them for who knows how long was really tough. River is only 2 months old and will grow and change so much by next time we see her.

These are the hardest parts of shoving off but, has to be done. Sunnier days lie ahead.

Last of the packing almost done. Moving truck in driveway. Sold our bed so next two nights in local hotel as we wait to close on Thursday.

Ready......go!

Last of the packing almost done. Moving truck in driveway. Sold our bed so next two nights in local hotel as we wait to close on Thursday.

Ready......go!

We cooled it down here a bit in SW FL so it would not be as much of a shock for you

But you better hurry getting closer to lent and we are going to put you on restriction for Lent

Keep us informed

Dear Friar George and Betty Jo

I must say you surely are getting things well readied for the Captain and Admiral to begin new life excursions with great adventures. It's the energy from people such as you two that helps keep TF on top of the pleasure boating enjoyment game.

Can't wait to learn more as you guys proceed toward water-filled ecstasy!

I'd say that TF and both of you fit hand n' glove.

Forward, never look back... stone does not float... Just ask Medusa! :ermm:

May health be yours due to fun and joy in marine life/doings. :dance:

Happy Boat-Search Days! :speed boat:

I must say you surely are getting things well readied for the Captain and Admiral to begin new life excursions with great adventures. It's the energy from people such as you two that helps keep TF on top of the pleasure boating enjoyment game.

I'd say that TF and both of you fit hand n' glove.

Forward, never look back... stone does not float... Just ask Medusa! :ermm:

May health be yours due to fun and joy in marine life/doings. :dance:

Agree bring on the Rt rev he fits in just fine

Well. Sitting at title office for an 800 am close on house. Our transport is loaded and ready as soon as they give us our boat money!

ForumRunner_20150205_083253.jpg

Closed! Being homeless never felt so good

One door closes and another opens! Adventure, uncertainty, wonderment and the fulfillment of dreams; that's the stuff that makes life so rich and memorable. Enjoy every aspect of your journey...I have so far! Thanks for posting your new adventure!

Greetings,
Mr. frg. Not much of a load. Would you have been better to rent a shopping cart or a little red wagon?
img_305030_0_d41faa251d21f530c2ffed68249dd242.gif

Good luck to you George and Betty Jo! Keep us posted to your adventures. I and my husband are looking forward to our own soon.

Well, we didn't make if far today but we are out of TX! Spending the night in Shreveport, LA. Tomorrow a starboard tack toward the south. Yee Ha!

Well, we didn't make if far today but we are out of TX! Spending the night in Shreveport, LA. Tomorrow a starboard tack toward the south. Yee Ha!

Don't forget to drink plenty coffee in the AM - It's Good for Ya! :eek: - IMHO :socool:

As soon as we got to the room I declared Captain's hour for me and the Admiral. A little largo bay rum and off to beddy bye. Arrrgh

Made it to Mobile, AL today. Had a lead on a Marine Trader in Madisonville, LA but broker couldn't show it so...bye bye bye. I drive the rhumb line!!! FL here we come

Enjoy the drive along the Panhandle coast. Lots of things to see along your route. Take your time and enjoy it.

Made it to Mobile, AL today. Had a lead on a Marine Trader in Madisonville, LA but broker couldn't show it so...bye bye bye. I drive the rhumb line!!! FL here we come

nothing wrong with a good MT

a 42 here at this marina for sale

Made it to Daytona Beach today. Here is a pic of meal last night and Padre on beach with Patrick. Stupid life guard ran us off. No dogs on the beach. What a crock.

ForumRunner_20150207_210822.jpg

ForumRunner_20150207_210836.jpg

Welcome to Florida! Not all Florida beaches are unfriendly to dogs.

Welcome to Florida! Not all Florida beaches are unfriendly to dogs.

God I hope not. Sunrise was so pretty this morning. Time to get moving further south.

All it takes is one person to not pick up after their dog to ruin it for everyone else. Having stepped in dog poo on a beach a few times over the years I can appreciate what the lifeguard was enforcing.

We have always had a dog, one time two, and since we take responsibility for them it irks us, too, when we come across no-dog or leash-only requirements at wide open spaces like beaches or parks. But I can (grudgingly) appreciate the reason for it.

Back
Top Bottom