Takes a village-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al

Guru
Vessel Name
'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Make
1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Last edited by a moderator:
What shipyard can handle that? Where will the city/ship drydock?

232323232%7Ffp73487%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D396%3A%3C365%3C5336nu0mrj

Interesting concept. Part condo, part waterworld and part aircraft carrier. Wouldn't mind spending a few weeks or so, maybe a month or so on vacation, but I don't think I'd want to be on it for a year or more.

And unfortunately the tactical side of me sees it as an unsecured floating terrorist target. :-(

OD

I'm sure plenty of people would enjoy either of these experiences.

I'd pass on on a free ticket. It just doesn't do anything for me.

I might do the loop on it (the world loop, that is, but I wouldn't want a 1st floor unit. I noticed that their planned route avoids the Gulf/east Africa waters. Still, it would be a Western symbol floating around the world, and something easy for some crazies to crash into. How about instead of just an airport on the roof, an Air Base?

Interesting concept. Part condo, part waterworld and part aircraft carrier. Wouldn't mind spending a few weeks or so, maybe a month or so on vacation, but I don't think I'd want to be on it for a year or more.

And unfortunately the tactical side of me sees it as an unsecured floating terrorist target. :-(

OD

Yep. Need sharks with laser beams to guard!

There was some mention of the "occasional" resupply ship. Don't think they have any idea what the daily food requirements are for 50, 000 to100, 000 people. Then there is the power requirement to effect water desalination for said same people who didn't sign up for nautical camping water restrictions.

Ted

That's just goofy. There are already ships that you can buy a cabin on, and sail around constantly. Speaking of, does anyone know how those are doing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom