Satellite TV and internet service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually with a combination of the KVH V3 MiniVSAT and when at dock or Anchor the WAVE WiFi internet "EC" systems you can do IPTV, Netflix etc. KVH even has a methods and procedure written up for obtaining the best results using the V3 Mini VSAT data terminal for TV programming. While it's possible I'd still prefer to use a combination of all 3 units, using the KVH TracVision for my primary premium TV reception.
Bill

You need not get too fancy. A SSB or Ham radio will supply you with both weather and emails just about anywhere. To my knowledge you cannot surf the net however.

The SSB/Ham radios are used throughout the Caribbean. There are a number of weather and security nets broadcasting daily. Don't know about the Pacific, but I would guess similar nets exist.

Actually with a combination of the KVH V3 MiniVSAT and when at dock or Anchor the WAVE WiFi internet "EC" systems you can do IPTV, Netflix etc. KVH even has a methods and procedure written up for obtaining the best results using the V3 Mini VSAT data terminal for TV programming. While it's possible I'd still prefer to use a combination of all 3 units, using the KVH TracVision for my primary premium TV reception.
Bill

Yes, you can download TV content over the KVH but few would want to at 0.99 per MB

That means a high def movie will cost you $4,000.

My system automatically switches between cell and satellite. I had to set up data usage rules in my router after getting a $850 bill because my Apple TV unit did a 850MB update while on satellite. :banghead:

Yes, you can download TV content over the KVH but few would want to at 0.99 per MB

That means a high def movie will cost you $4,000.

My system automatically switches between cell and satellite. I had to set up data usage rules in my router after getting a $850 bill because my Apple TV unit did a 850MB update while on satellite. :banghead:
I agree what's technically possible and what is financially "$$$" practical are entirely different. I'm partial to RUCKUS WIRELESS Media Flex for IPTV distribution inside the vessel.
Bill

I agree what's technically possible and what is financially "$$$" practical are entirely different. I'm partial to RUCKUS WIRELESS Media Flex for IPTV distribution inside the vessel.
Bill

I'm not familiar with those products. While I'm a tech geek guy, my wife is not. systems need to either run in the background or be easy for her to use.

We keep it simple. We use Apple TV. From that we can watch movies stored on my laptops extenal "itunes disk", or we can download new content. Hulu also works from the Apple TV.

Not sure about the TV. In Canada I use a data stick from wind mobile. Unlimited for $30 a month!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom