Old 05-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #21

City: Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by READY2GO View Post
Slim
You might want to check out Ocean Springs MS. We stayed there for a couple of months on our way down from Indiana and loved it. It is still our favorite stop of everywhere we have been. Great and affordable municipal marina.
We love Ocean Springs! My Mother in law lives just inland from there so we are very familiar with the area. The Occasional drive by that marina has kept the fire alive for our ambitions of being boat dwellers for years now. Actually that was the place that we were driving by when my wife said (just after we had built our house....)"I have always wanted to live on a boat!!!" So now you tell me! LOL

It is definitely high on the list. We are going tot he coast tomorrow for an early Mothers day dinner with the in laws and will more than likely spend the rest of the day bumming around the marinas. Planning our escape, if you will!
MississippiSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:48 AM   #22
FF
Guru

"Eventually, sell our Mississippi home and land, move to the Florida keys and live aboard full time and fly back and forth to work offshore."

And you will be prepared to either abandon the boat or run it to a safe place each time a Hurricane sweeps by?
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #23
Guru

City: Marathon, Florida
Vessel Name: Walkabout
Vessel Model: 1989 Sea Ray 380 Aft Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
"Eventually, sell our Mississippi home and land, move to the Florida keys and live aboard full time and fly back and forth to work offshore."

And you will be prepared to either abandon the boat or run it to a safe place each time a Hurricane sweeps by?
Not much running lately. It's been 8 years now.

www.mikeandsharondunsworth.blogspot.com
READY2GO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #24

City: Columbia
Hurricanes are just a fact of life in the deep south. Leave boat, run it to hurricane hole, stay aboard and ride it out....all choices that can be made when the time comes. If I lived my life worried about hurricanes it wouldnt be much fun. I spent Andrew on a 135x35 towboat holding a fleet in the Mississippi river. Was offshore on a production platform for one I cant remember the name of. Ran from Katrina then returned to no power or water for a month. So boat or land, hurricanes are just something you have to deal with.
MississippiSlim is offline   Reply With Quote