Living on our "new" boat in a boatyard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really enjoyed reading your blog! Please keep us informed as you go through those boat projects. Hope you get to splash her soon.

Congratulations! One thing I think you both will find interesting. I did! When finally in the water, motoring along, your boat suddenly seems so small!

Interesting read Nan. I'm still perusing the rest of the blog. Are you in the water yet?

No. We're still in the boatyard, working on projects. We've had a few delays on things so as soon as we get a few more done, I'll be posting about it. Let me know if the blog flows okay or makes sense. I put down my thoughts so fast, and I want to get the post online by the time I'm done that I just do a quick read through. My husband always says it sounds good, but he's a little bias.

Don’t know if you got my message but yes I just got out of JR boatyard and my boat back behind my house here. Englewood beach is free. Boca cost money to go across the bridge. I use to live in Pensacola too. Fun read thanks.

I was down in marathon to on my sailboat.

I'm just wondering what you're doing about using the head and heating and cooling?

Best of luck and I hope you can get in the water soon.

Don’t know if you got my message but yes I just got out of JR boatyard and my boat back behind my house here. Englewood beach is free. Boca cost money to go across the bridge. I use to live in Pensacola too. Fun read thanks.

I didn't get your message. How did you send it? There's boats being moved all the time around here, from both here & J&R. Thanks for the comment & glad you enjoyed the read.

I'm just wondering what you're doing about using the head and heating and cooling?

Best of luck and I hope you can get in the water soon.

We use the restroom and shower in the hut in the boatyard. They also have laundry in there. When we got here, my husband went and got a portable AC for the bedroom at night. We used it some at first in the salon in the day, but now we only need it at night. We get enough ventilation in the day with a fan inside.

When we had a cold snap that got in the low 40s, we used a ceramic heater. Luckily, it hasn't gotten colder then that. If it does, we'll get another one and bundle up more.

Thanks for reading & responding.

I didn't get your message. How did you send it? There's boats being moved all the time around here, from both here & J&R. Thanks for the comment & glad you enjoyed the read.

So your not in JR boat yard? I was there like three months in JR it’s cheaper. Believe me your in the better one. I’ve been in Port Charlotte like going on 8 years are so. So know the area and things well. I have two houses here and two boats here. Know the ins and outs. So if you need any help let me know.
Wayne

Congrats Nan!!

We are now 20 months living aboard. Love it. The people are just amazing. Hope to cross paths someday. Great blog!

Back
Top Bottom