Live aboard Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How much we pay extra for live aboard insurance is hard to say if no impossible as the insurance premium is not broke out that way.* However we have what is called a yacht policy that also covers person stuff, higher medical, towing and other stuff a regular boat policy does may not.* That is about 300 bucks extra.* I do not they charge extra premium for being a live aboard but what that is I do not know.

Please do not tell/let other on PMM know we have a yacht policy as there is a discussion on PMM about boat vs. yacht and I have been telling people the Eagle is a boat/trawler not a yacht.* If word got out we had a yacht policy I*might have to change my name, and identity.* So mums the word, OK.* )-;*

That's okay, Phil. We just have an old GB36, but we have a "yacht policy" with our insurance company, too.

About $300 / yr. extra for personal liability coverage. That's about the only difference between a "liveaboard" policy and a regular one, at least through Markel.

On the Prairie Dog it was about 500 bucks extra for the year!!!! Meanwhile, non liveaboard boats were falling apart and sinking all around me while my boat was doing fine with my continuous liveaboard monitoring.

Well I found out that my current insurance will cover me at no extra cost! Thats amazing, I figured they would try to scr*w me......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom