I have the most wonderful wife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Admiral is everything to me, but it will be her intolerance for discomfort that will finance our cushy boat and improvements, now and in the future. She cracks the whip frequently.

Last edited:
It's so refreshing to hear so many praising and appreciating their wives. There are many of us here convinced we have the best wives and that's how it should be.

Is this the wife swapp’in thread?

Whatcha got?

If she comes with a nicer boat than mine, I might be interested in a swap. :D

But I'll have to warn you that mine comes with some nice twins.

Last edited:
Update...

My wife has been selling things on a local facebook buy & sell page for quite a while now. I kept telling her we should just load up the truck and take all that extra stuff to local shelters, then take the rest of it to the dump. Well, she hardly ever listens to me, so she kept selling things one at a time anyway. Good thing!

I now have in my hot little hands a brand new Fujifilm X-T2 mirrorless camera :D

It's been my dream camera for a while now, and one that will allow me to seriously go after my dream of making platinum/palladium contact prints from digitally enlarged negatives. She knew I wouldn't pull the money from our savings because there are "more important things" we're saving for right now, so she kept the money in an envelope in a kitchen cupboard.

She's awesome :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited:
Reactions: Al
Women are smarter than we are, I’ve learned.

I wouldn't swap mine for anything. She's pretty easy on the eyes, a HOT Italian, great cook, very good at other "wifely duties" and she's the best deck hand on the Columbia River. I'd hate to have to train another deck hand.
P8030012.jpg

My future ex-wife insists on equal work = equal pay.
FWIW, there is no such thing as equal work for equal pay with a wife. ;) My wife has approved of boating for the last 42 years and will continue to do so if I go first. Dang what a good wife , that gets a gold star on her forehead by everyone we meet too, sometimes two.:thumb:

I wouldn't swap mine for anything. She's pretty easy on the eyes, a HOT Italian, great cook, very good at other "wifely duties" and she's the best deck hand on the Columbia River. I'd hate to have to train another deck hand.
P8030012.jpg

A lucky man you are, Mike!!!

:D

So, lest I leave the wrong impression with my earlier post—and with tongue out of cheek this time—I’ll just add that my spouse and I are full partners in our boating. We share cooking, cleaning, piloting, etc. duties. I do most of the mechanical stuff and she does more shopping, decorating and organizing, but we assist each other as needed in our “specialities” as well. We’re also equal in go/no-go decisions and can veto anything we’re not comfortable with (but it almost never comes to that). Works for us.

I have 3 ex-wives for you from which to choose.

Lol! Nah, I’m fine with the way things are now. I’m not one to answer to anybody. I wouldn’t know what to do with someone who actually cared. :banghead:

Lol! Nah, I’m fine with the way things are now. I’m not one to answer to anybody. I wouldn’t know what to do with someone who actually cared. :banghead:

Wifey B: I'd make you a lousy wife by the definitions here, anyway. I went back through the things that got praise.

Cleaning the deck-Not very often
Working while hubby does the loop-no freaking way
Painting the bottom of the boat-Nope
Shooting that thing Angus's wife has-Big huge no
Now, what Baker appreciates in his wife...ok, that part I can do.Well, except the self-cleaning boat part
Months paddling kayaks in the cold rain-No, give me a motor and a bimini
Beer thing-No, we don't drink beer. Champagne occasionally.
Keep her off the boat-No way I'm staying off the boat.
Intolerance for discomfort-Yep, that's me

Guess makes me a pretty lousy wife, but to hubby I'm perfect so that's all that matters and some things I'm very good at. :D

I think this all shows there's no definition of what one does. Each couple works it out on their own. I did once do things like laundry and cleaning the house and helping with dinner and such, but so did hubby. Today, I'm pretty much a spoiled brat.

I'm all in on what hubby posted, enjoying seeing people here praising their wives. :)

I can't really say that my wife and I share the chores on the boat equally, I cook and do some repairs, but she installed the new head in the master and varnished the doors. I'm behind a bit...Donna on planB.jpg

It has taken a long time to figure it out.

First, when I was a wee little tad, I took things apart and put them back together again. As I grew a little, the things I took apart and the things I put together got bigger and more complicated. I learned to operated mechanized stuff, drive cars and boats.

At the same stages of life, she learned to look after little guys, first dolls, then her slightly younger siblings. As she grew a little older she learned more from her mom, about cooking, sewing and dealing with ungovernable teens.

Now, when I am trying, often showing frustration with lack of progress, she always offers to help. I often accept. Knowing our different backgrounds, I know it will not be as easy as saying "you know what to do". She helps.

Sometimes I have to hire outside help but not very often.

Oddly, she doesn't ask for help cooking or sewing????

While I am busy "talking with the boys" on TF, she is buying material on line from Sailright, to re-upholster the boat main saloon and Flybridge. When we get home from our winter away, we will both work through that project. (samples of fabric are on their way to us, will be able to make a final selection before Christmas)

I wouldn't change a thing.

For us it is simple, I command, she replies I am am an idiot, I agree, she orders, I comply, and we are happy (but still I am the Captain but don't tell her).
Life as simple as it could be :)

L

If I posted anything about my wife on this thread she'd kill me.

A lucky man you are, Mike!!!

Truer words never came out of the mouth of a mortal man.

I tell myself that all the time and truly appreciate my wife for all she is and all she does.

Oh, and did I mention she has changed the genset impeller a couple of times and one of the impellers on one of the Cats?

You would think from this smile on my co-owner and crew for the past few thousand miles that I would have one but she's the independent type.

Attachments

• South Fork.jpg
    South Fork.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 128
My wife Christine is a team player. Happy if she's busy. That makes her a most wonderful wife .. especially on the boat.

Chris does most of the planning except nav and gears. Always ready to go.

1. Working on the cap rail in Thorne Bay.
2. Cooking dinner in Red Bay .. no. end of POW Is.
3. Trying on the survival suit in Thorne Bay.
4. With me at Cowpachino in Cow Bay Prince Rupert.

Attachments

• STH71764 copy.jpg
    STH71764 copy.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 145
  • STH71563 copy 2.jpg
    STH71563 copy 2.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCF0258 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF0258 copy 2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF0317 copy.jpg
    DSCF0317 copy.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 152
My wife Christine is a team player. Happy if she's busy. That makes her a most wonderful wife .. especially on the boat.

Chris does most of the planning except nav and gears. Always ready to go.

1. Working on the cap rail in Thorne Bay.
2. Cooking dinner in Red Bay .. no. end of POW Is.
3. Trying on the survival suit in Thorne Bay.
4. With me at Cowpachino in Cow Bay Prince Rupert.

I see some happy folks in the last pic :)

L

Lou,
She was happy in all of them, even the first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom