Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > Liveaboards

Old 09-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #21
City: Brunswick, georgia
Vessel Name: M/V Marcail
Vessel Model: Marine Trading 44
Send a message via AIM to marcail
I retired from a state university in GA a couple of years ago and was faced with a few of your issues. I wanted to keep the boat in Ga for convenience and insurance reasons. I searched a number of Georgia marinas and did the same comparisons that you have done. I ended up buying a condo on deep water with a marina included for the same price of monthly rental at at nice marina. Might be a solution that would work for you. I personally am very happy with my choice. My wife loves because she relaxes at the pool while I do bright work.

marcail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:15 PM   #22
City: Gulf Shores, Ala.
Vessel Name: Ulysses
Vessel Model: Romsdal 1963
Perhaps there are other reasons than the one you stated in maintaining a particular address in Ga. If it is entirely for your daughter to maintain Ga. eligibility for HOPE or other State Programs including PELL, etc.. please review the forms and FAFSA applications. It is her address and her residency that is required for eligibility not necessarily yours. While it is difficult in seeing your children grow up and start out on their own this might be a good starting point for her to maintain her own address which I am sure she will do anyway up in Athens. Good luck to her and I hope they get a new football coach very soon.

ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote