Finally living and working aboard !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonfish

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Traveler
Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
It's been a crazy few weeks since we closed on our new-to-us Cheoy Lee 46 LRC. Fortunately, we sold our sailboat a week later, so we were two-boat owners for only seven days. We're still cleaning and putting stuff away, though. In addition to finding out what works well and what doesn't after the boat sat for sale for the last couple of years...

Anyway, we posted on our web site a short one-minute video of our new home (currently named Veda Elizabeth) swinging on the hook in Shipyard Cove just south of Friday Harbor: Pacific NW Boater | Video Cruising Guides

We'll have lots more to come. But suffice to say we're really enjoying life on our trawler! :)

Darren,

Welcome to the dark side. Bwahahahahaha!!!! :hide:

Seriously, your new boat looks beautiful!! I look forward to viewing more of your video cruising guides.

Greetings,
Congratulations. Is that the same CL I saw and admired advertised on YW with the house painted light tan? I couldn't tell from your video. Excellent angles and sunset colors.

Thank you, FlyWright. We're looking forward to creating the videos!

And yes, Mr. Firefly, our boat is the same tan one you saw on YW. Those nice sunset hues masked that pretty well! We are telling people "just look for the big brown beige boat". The hull color isn't bad. A nice light cream. But the PO painted the topsides Grand Banks Beige. If anything, we'll want to paint the rest of the boat the hull color.

Nice! That's one of my favorite designs!

Great work. A few more videos like that and I'll pack the family, all our friends and neighbors to move up there and start wanting the locals to change their ways to suit ours;)

Do you know what sound a sail boat makes when it passes by ? putt putt putt ,Gush Putt putt putt !! When i did own a sail boat i sailed about 10% of the time used the engine the rest I love the dark side !

Congrats ! She looks like a great place to live.

super big congrats to you!!! Very excited for you and what a beautiful trawler- keep posting videos!

Congrats, that is a beautiful boat, we attempted to buy a 46 CL here in the SF Bay two years old, love the layout. It should make a perfect liveaboard for you, and a great cruising boat as well. We all just completing our first year aboard next month, so welcome to the dark side.

You'll need to get the tee shirt. "Dirt is Over Rated"

Congratulations! Glad to hear that you ended up with her. We look forward to seeing our sister ship in the islands. Just returned this evening from Bowman Bay, Deception Pass.

It's been a crazy few weeks since we closed on our new-to-us Cheoy Lee 46 LRC. Fortunately, we sold our sailboat a week later, so we were two-boat owners for only seven days.

It took us far longer to sell our sailboat once we saw the light and moved to a trawler. We now tell folks were "Reformed sailors" I still love to sail, but only for short periods of time. I prefer to have my feet on the console, with the heater keeping us toasty warm, and the blues blasting on the stereo, not out in the cockpit wearing five layers and still having icewater running down my back..............Arctic Traveller

Back
Top Bottom