Best MSD system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure its USCG "approved" , but cleaner than an actual working municipal system? I doubt it.

What part of "...dumped into the water UNtreated the next time it rains..." implied that it is?

I am so disgusted with Raritan electro scan, (I have 2 not working properly,) the cost of then that I think maybe, especially if I am cruising I am thinking of going maseration, fresh water holding with direct pump overboard at the right time. As I cruise the Indian River and look at all the houses on septic tanks it is hard to feel guilty, especially since a cup of bleach, that dissipates quickly kills the bugs in a 20gallon tank....fast.
Small boats get picked on because they are an easy target, the impact is minuscule compared to septic systems.

Would you like to sell them?
I need two myself.
i can mechanic on them and get them going....

Thx

I tossed my holding tank, hoses, y valves, and the head and installed a Natures Head composting toilet and am very happy with it. Another brand is the Airhead. They are great.

I was going to go that route until i talked with the company and told them i was in the PNW/SE AK--- they told me it would be too humid to work properly. And you still have to empty out the urine bottles-- i have done that in the desert of West Australia from my camper pee bottles i fill at night---- WoW what a mess that can be and stinks!!! whooo eeee Lawd--- i had to learn not to pour it on the same bush every morning....HAzmat!!!

:facepalm: I dont know if you have every got up in the morning to do your duty and stubbed you toe on the kitchen table leg as you were on the way out the door with a jug full of warm pee and have it splash all over you and the kitchen.... OTOH...its really interesting to see just how many Australian oaths you have learned...

I really need to learn how to build those electrode plates--- they cant be that dang much to it!
I would like to sell them for 75.00 bucks

You DO realize that everything you've just commented on was posted in 2015-16?

You DO realize that everything you've just commented on was posted in 2015-16?

That’s great... good practice and lets me get things worked out in my head by writing them down

I believe I have been trying to invent the Hold n ...
I finally looked it up and can’t believe the price... that much more than the electro scan???
Looks like a 15 gallon holding tank to me... there must be something super duper about it that I don’t see..

I finally looked it up and can’t believe the price... that much more than the electro scan???

It's obvious you didn't go to the Hold 'n' Treat Controls link that I gave you, nor realized that you'd stumbled into the complete ES or PS w/15 gal tank package...which, btw, is one of the very few Raritan products I don't like because it defeats the whole point of having a treatment device.

Even if you don't already have a holding tank, that package would not be what you'd need 'cuz you can add a top quality holding tank with fittings installed in the sizes and locations needed for a lot less.

--Peggie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom