Battery powered light in head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wmiii

Vessel Name
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Vessel Make
Mariner 40
We have 2 dome lights in our head, one in the shower and the other in the center of the ceiling. I would like to add some battery powered suplimental light over the mirror. I don't really want to try to tie it into my electrical system, hence the battery operated style.
I've seen a couple of ideas at Home Depot as well as Amazon.
Has anyone added anything like this in your boats?

Rite Lite Light Gray Under-Cabinet LED Wireless Light-LPL704 - The Home Depot

Thanks,

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Mariner 40

Nothing like that but I have a hanging locker that's dark and difficult to see what's in there so I bought a 12 volt DC LED strip light, a holder for eight AAA cells and a microswitch.

I hooked the light strip to the battery holder through the microswitch which I mounted so the contacts would close when the door is opened.

Presto - an automatic closet light. It's been in there a couple years now and I think the batteries are getting weak so it's time to change them.

I think your plan will work unless the exposed metal rusts. All plastic might be better in that respect.

I explored this, but could not find anything with a 15 minute auto off function. At home my under the stairs "wine cellar" had no lighting, I`m always leaving the LED there on and flattening batts, so figure auto off is a good idea.
Plus, auto on movement activated would be good for 2am stumbles to the head.

Greetings,
Mr. BK. If you stayed out of your wine cellar that might minimize your 2am stumbles to the head....Just sayin'

I've seen this unit in black at Harbor Freight for lots less $$. They have a second type that is a strip maybe 8" x 1.5" that is sturdier/better in my view. And a couple of round ones.

The one you've shown in Real Life (my neighbor has several) is that it's not as bright as you might believe. The rotating gizmos are not real sturdy. And it's sort of cheap looking in person.

In my opinion that is. On the other hand, the neighbor likes his though I noted he bought the smaller ones on his last trip to Harbor Freight. I don't recall the price but know he would not spend $20 for a light.

That's the type of light in started looking for and the found others. I would like something that was relatively bright.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Mariner 40

Back
Top Bottom