8 month update - changing our outlook on life...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I worked at Vancouver General Emergency as an orderly, social worker and hospital chaplain decades ago. As you can guess I worked with hundreds of alcoholics in various phases of deterioration. It is always satisfying to hear another one has escaped such a destructive life style. My dearest and closest roommate from college and university is now entering the last stage of alcoholism and I have literally shed tears as I know what is most likely in store for him, I truly hope I am wrong.

Life has so many riches if one can clear the fog from their brain enough to see them. Just like your sunset.

I may be a little overly sensitive, but if you wouldn’t say something that crass to a cancer patient, why would you say it to an alcoholic?

Wifey B: I agree. It was a stupid, thoughtless comment. :angry:

Oh man this spot is awesome! I’ve been wanting to get into this dock for some time now. Same marina but different dock. They would let me move back here for some time because there was too many Liveaboard’s on the dock.

We are right next to the bath house, have covered parking, and we have an entire peninsula of walking trails to walk the dog and enjoy the greenery.

Looks like you are in my old slip! The landscaping on the peninsula has improved dramatically since I was there :)

Looks like you are in my old slip! The landscaping on the peninsula has improved dramatically since I was there :)

K4!

There’s a full gravel walking trail, a cabana out near the entrance to the channel, and even pathway lights now! They’re doing lots of work to the marina right now to give it a facelift and make it really nice!

I may be a little overly sensitive, but if you wouldn’t say something that crass to a cancer patient, why would you say it to an alcoholic?

Jeeze, it was a joke. Sorry man.

Jeeze, it was a joke. Sorry man.
TF has a Humor thread. Even there I don't see where the remarks would generate even a smile.
Serious subjects like this don't lend themselves to casual smart remarks. A REAL apology might be appreciated.

Oh man this spot is awesome! I’ve been wanting to get into this dock for some time now. Same marina but different dock. They would let me move back here for some time because there was too many Liveaboard’s on the dock.

We are right next to the bath house, have covered parking, and we have an entire peninsula of walking trails to walk the dog and enjoy the greenery.

That looks like an awesome place! Good for you.
And congrats on your sobriety!

So happy to hear you found something that works for you :thumb: :thumb:

Bill & all didn't suit me personally, so I grasped onto the "Secular Connections" section at Sober Recovery Forums...going on 9 years without a single drop :D

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/

Back
Top Bottom