Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2016, 10:31 AM   #41
City: Fort Lauderdale
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Ms. WB. "So many of you in olden days..." Good grief! You make it sound like we all went out with the tribe in the dugout to hunt for woolly mammoths.
Wifey B: I don't know what you and the tribe hunted....

Teasing aside, it's a time and place for many here that is so distant from any I ever experienced and any my hubby experienced. Generational. Location. We're city folk. So many of you grew up in less populated areas with much different activities around you.

I think also it makes me think further. Like what about the next generation of boater? How will they first be exposed? Then we grew up inland. Boating was lakes. Boating on the ocean never crossed my mind. I didn't know normal people did that (Guess I still don't know about normal people as I don't even know what they are). I thought the pontoon boat was humongous. Hubby thought 30' was a huge boat. We pictured boating on inland lakes. One thing I've noticed too is how many of you were introduced to it by your fathers and family. I wonder how much of that is happening today.

I would guess there aren't a lot of people who grew up where hubby or I did that are here on TF. They're probably still boating on the lakes in the area they lived in. I see another topic coming.

BandB is online now   Reply With Quote