your favorite, on-water restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Sam's Cafe in Tiburon CA is ours. They no longer have abalone sandwiches which my father enjoyed in the 1960s in our sailboat-racing days (I preferred a hamburger in my teens), but otherwise we have no modern complaint.

Last edited:
Sausalito : The Spinnaker

Morro Bay : The Galley

Attachments

• IMG_9508.JPG
    IMG_9508.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_9513.JPG
    IMG_9513.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_9514.jpg
    IMG_9514.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_9509.JPG
    IMG_9509.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_9512.jpg
    IMG_9512.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 221
Puerto Villarta - Fajita Republic. Up a river by dinghy. Very reminiscent of Pirates of the Caribbean, except the crocs are real. Lots of fun getting there (and back), and the food is great.

Yesterday, my favorite was Ray's Boathouse on Shilshole Bay in Ballard/Seattle. We dropped Klee Wyck off yesterday at Seaview Boatyard for some Winter work, stopped at Ray's for a little lunch, and then walked back to Elliott Bay to get our car. Stopped at the locks and fish ladder on the walk back on a beautiful and rare November Seattle day.

Attachments

• Rays.jpg
    Rays.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 89
Netshed #9 in Gig Harbor, WA is my favorite.

Henry's Fish House, Fryingpan Island, Georgian Bay.
You can only get there by boat or floatplane

Back in the Great Lakes, we enjoyed the Sportsman's Inn in Killarney, ON. It was great to sit out on the porch with a beverage, watching the boats and floatplanes on a summer afternoon.

Our recent favorites are the Sea Glass Waterfront Grill in Sidney, BC...AND The Bay Cafe on Lopez Island (some wonderful pizza).

Top two, Dolphins just out of Freeport Maine,

Or Burdines in marathon fl

The Black Duck, Westport CT.

"C-Level" On Harbor Island in San Diego! A very short walk from SunRoad Marina.
(My marina)

Attachments

• C-level.jpg
    C-level.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 80
WAUBIC INN on the Severn River, Ontario. Water access only and just fantastic food and hospitality. Best Fish you'll find [including Henry's which do we do frequent and really enjoy] on your trip from Lake Ontario to the North Channel.

REALLY good dim Sum...

Monsieur RT F
Please allow me to take this opportunity to explain here that Jumbo Floating Restaurant is located in Hong Kong's Aberdeen Harbor, next to the Aberdeen Marina Club, one of the 3 major marinas (there are 8 marinas in Hong Kong) that manage wet and dry berths.

Following are a few pics of Aberdeen Marina, one of the 4 shipyards next to Jumbo Floating Restaurant, and some recreational trawlers moored in Aberdeen Harbor. Last pic is sea food restaurant in Lamma Island, HK.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Stuart, Fl

SAILOR's RETURN at SunSet Marina in Stuart. Great meals, Great staff.

Dent Island Resort. Google it for details.

Most "On the water Restaurants" have the usual "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and fried (name your fish) dinners. I like the ones that surprise me. Dockside Restaurant and Bar Marina, Wrightsville Beach NC has a surprise when you ask for the Fish & Chips. Really great Ahi Tuna and Red, White, & Blue corn chips. The brick oven pizza at Panini's on the Waterfront, Beaufort SC is also a good surprise. A little away from the water on 3rd St in Fernandina is Arte's Brick-oven Pizza and Italian Restaurant. And Merrel's Inlet, SC has Wahoo's Tiki bar. I generally don't care for Tiki bars, but this one is good. It's on the wrong waterfront however and if you come by boat it better be a shallow draft. But if I do want a "Cheeseburger In Paradise" I generally get it in St. Augustine at the A1A Ale Works. Good burger and fine selection of micro brews.

Last edited:
Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing. It has all the atmosphere of a truck stop combined with a contractors steel workshop building. There are no waiters, reservations or pretense of fine dining, but if you're into food it's the only place to be. The To Go menu includes 20 pound lingcod for the fisherman who had a tough day on the water. Everything on the menu is great but if you go try the Sicilian artichokes.

Always a pleasure. In St Michaels, MD. Great for after regattas, watching the log canoe races, visiting the CBMM. An easy walk from Higgins Yacht Yard, where we like to take a slip. The Crab Claw Restaurant, St. Michaels Maryland

Long gone, long lamented was the dockside joint at Great Oaks where one could grab a soft shell crab sandwich for little more than a hamburger (1960+/-).

In Fernandina Beach, FL, the thoughtfully-named "Marina Seafood," 101 Centre St, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034. A few steps from the docks. Tip: To get a chilly look from the server, announce that you prefer to have your order prepared using imported, farm-raised shrimp.

A little further south on the ICW, Cap's On the Water, 4325 Myrtle St, St Augustine, FL 32084. It's actually on Vilano Beach island, and better located by boat just south of the green ICW marker #51. The floating dock is practically untenable. Consider it a dinghy stage, and anchor a bit north nearer to #49. Worth the trouble, though.

On the west side of the [Florida] peninsula, Cabbage Key ( Cabbage Key Inn and Restaurant ). Accessible only by boat, it's in Pine Island Sound just south of the Boca Grande entrance to Charlotte Harbor. Anchor across the channel just east of red ICW marker #60, or take your chances with Terry, the memorable dockmaster. While you're in the neighborhood, the Useppa Island Club (also accessible only by boat) has a very fine public dining room. Enter their basin between #63 and #65.

This is a fun game that could go on and on and on . . .

"DE Loose Mongoose, Trellis Bay. BVI's

Sitting on the boat off there at the moment and be inside within the hour.

In Fernandina Beach, FL, the thoughtfully-named "Marina Seafood," 101 Centre St, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034. A few steps from the docks. Tip: To get a chilly look from the server, announce that you prefer to have your order prepared using imported, farm-raised shrimp.

A little further south on the ICW, Cap's On the Water, 4325 Myrtle St, St Augustine, FL 32084. It's actually on Vilano Beach island, and better located by boat just south of the green ICW marker #51. The floating dock is practically untenable. Consider it a dinghy stage, and anchor a bit north nearer to #49. Worth the trouble, though.

On the west side of the [Florida] peninsula, Cabbage Key ( Cabbage Key Inn and Restaurant ). Accessible only by boat, it's in Pine Island Sound just south of the Boca Grande entrance to Charlotte Harbor. Anchor across the channel just east of red ICW marker #60, or take your chances with Terry, the memorable dockmaster. While you're in the neighborhood, the Useppa Island Club (also accessible only by boat) has a very fine public dining room. Enter their basin between #63 and #65.

This is a fun game that could go on and on and on . . .

So, you're not going to recommend Corky Bell's on the St Johns in East Palatka?

Gator landing in East Palatka. Caps in St Augustine took some hurricane damage but just reopened.
Conch house for ambiance or drinks but the foods inconsistent.
King fish grill at Comachee cove Marina (St Augustine) foods great and seems to be consistent.
A1A Ale House if your at St Augustine municipal Marina. Really good food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom