Your annual $ numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good advice. Except a used boat, even well surveyed, may give up its secrets over time as you get to know it, like what I call "the strawberry punnet syndrome", "deeper you go worse it gets". In my case I committed to a major deck reno; had I not the boat would in time have been severely affected.
Life is not a rehearsal, get on and enjoy it.

thanks for the qualification. My experiance has been the same. I tend to buy new cause of the strawberry punnet effect. However, with trawlers i believe that some of the older hulls are as close to bullet proof as one can get and since they don't gp fast whats the point of new? Better to buy an old girl, gut er, then rebuild her to your personnal specs. Thats what i envision for myself. She will have a high tech power plant based upon a diesel electric. Not sure if she will end up a a series or parrellel hybrid or conventional with an electric backup. At this point the conventional with electric back up is most enticeing

I Googled this and I still have no idea what you are talking about.
I will volunteer the answer.
The phrase I used is "strawberry punnet syndrome".
Strawberries are offered for sale in 250gram plastic packs. The worst ones are placed at the base of the container to be least visible, the best at the top to suggest high quality generally, in the middle those of mid range quality.
Hopefully the second expression "the deeper you go the worse it gets", now makes sense.
Nothing like explaining an attempt at humour to remove all vestiges of it. Anyway, mystery solved. BruceK 1, Google nil. Feel free to use the expression if it takes your fancy. Or not.
A friend calls his work colleague "mudguard" (translates to car fender). His work looked perfect on the surface, but if you checked it was not, (the underside of that shiny fender was plastered with mud and dirt).

Back
Top Bottom