Would you buy a boat that "rested on the bottom briefly?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would you buy a boat that "rested on the bottom briefly?"

Maybe for a dollar.

I looked into this boat. There is also a thru hull crack above the rub rail. The broker thought that is where the water was from for the soft / wet spot.

Sunk

I follow Nordic Tug and American Tug listings from time to time. Just saw this listing and wondered why the price seemed low for a 2004 Nordic. Reading the details, it sounds like more than the outer hull got wet. Would the work done to date make it an acceptable bargain assuming it passes a rigorous survey? Would you buy a boat that got dunked and had this work done? Would there be more things to look out for? Thoughts?

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2004-nordic-tug-32-8019938/

In today’s world I think finding insurance on a boat that has been sunk is going to be extremely difficult. I would check on that.

No matter what you might be thinking, don't walk away from it. RUN!

Something happened. Maybe the boat sold or it's not on the market anymore. The initial link provided by Tin Man brings up a different Nordic Tug.

If your plan is to repower and its in your budget to do that you would own a boat that you completly gone through your self. I dont see a problem especially if your capable doing some of the work yourself.

Just because a boat sank does not mean it is worth nothing. It certainly is worth less in my eyes. How much less has a lot to do with what has been done and what is left to do. The boat that the OP was originally looking at showed signs of issues in the photos. I don't need to tell you that photo's often make boats look much better than in person. If I'm seeing things in photo's that make me nervous guess what I'll think after I see it in person. Even that might not disqualify the boat. However, in this case I wasn't seeing enough savings. OP thought there was a $50,000 savings but I don't have the advantage of seeing what $50,000 more money buys. Also, this market is a bit crazy. Those of us not actively trying to buy a boat might be shocked at how little our money is getting us currently.

If you don't do your own work and you plan to have a yard do all your work for you then I think a boat that has been previously sunk should be a no go no matter how cheap. I have never seen anyone come out to the good when paying full retail to rehab a boat.

So just because one person says run and the other says its a deal doesn't mean one of them is wrong. They could both be right relevant to their position in life. It is up to each of us to figure where in the spectrum we fit.

When I click on the link I don't see any of the information you guys are referencing. The 48 photos look fine. I am new to this stuff so could you explain where you got the information about it sitting on the bottom and getting dunked in salt water.
Thank you!

The boat has been pulled from Yachtworld. When you click on the link you are redirected to a page featuring several available Nordic Tugs but not the one we are currently discussing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom