Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #21
Guru

City: Port Vila
RE: Woman advice needed urgently

Quote:
Pineapple Girl wrote:
From a woman's perspective... sounds like she is on board with this whole project boat thing, so it shouldn't take that much persuading and she is going to be really suspicious if you try too hard to "sell" it to her... just sayin'!*
*Sorry PG, was reading posts real fast in the morning (our time) and pre coffee and missed the crux of what you said.

I can't believe you understand the situation so well after so few tongue in cheek words from me.*

Thank you for your words of wisdom and I will heed them well.

Nightcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #22
FF
Guru

"The real problem is her fear of debt, something ingrained in her past."

Remind her debt can be a temporary tool for rational folks , not a way of life.

FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #23
Guru

Ha ha, great post FF. Sounds like you know us oh so well. I have always told Sue and she has often repeated the same sentiment, that if she was rational she wouldn't be with me.
Hell, I might just say "Bubba" (she knows the boat) and then show her this thread and let you guys and gals do the work for me.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #24
Guru

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44

Send picture of wife.
koliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #25
Guru

I kind of figured the other stuff was going to happen anyway so I went with Pineapple Girl's advice and it worked a treat. We went to our local Nakamal (kava drinking house) after she got off the plane and I though "perfect, kava will make her agree to anything". Turns out she decided just to have a soda as she had a few glasses of wine on the plane. I casually mentioned Bubba and threw in a couple of things good about it but didn't trowel it on too thick. Less than 24 hrs later at a lovely restaurant for lunch she was starting to see advantages I hadn't seen and has told me to get on a plane and go survey it, make an offer etc. It's listed on an auction site and very likely to be passed in but a small risk it might sell. I can't bid on the site as you have to be an NZ resident. Auction closes in a couple of days with no bids yet.
Thanks PG
Old 03-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #26
TF Site Team

City: San Mateo, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl II
Vessel Model: PT 35

Quote:
Nightcap wrote:
I kind of figured the other stuff was going to happen anyway so I went with Pineapple Girl's advice and it worked a treat. We went to our local Nakamal (kava drinking house) after she got off the plane and I though "perfect, kava will make her agree to anything". Turns out she decided just to have a soda as she had a few glasses of wine on the plane. I casually mentioned Bubba and threw in a couple of things good about it but didn't trowel it on too thick. Less than 24 hrs later at a lovely restaurant for lunch she was starting to see advantages I hadn't seen and has told me to get on a plane and go survey it, make an offer etc. It's listed on an auction site and very likely to be passed in but a small risk it might sell. I can't bid on the site as you have to be an NZ resident. Auction closes in a couple of days with no bids yet.
Thanks PG
*Wow that is awesome!* Good Luck!

Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote