WireLess Micro-Air Thermostats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceancrosser

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Kristine
Vessel Make
DeFever 53 POC
Hello All,

First... a little background.

I am the single cell amoeba regarding anything computer related and I lean heavily on my grandkids for technical assistance regarding iPhone or computer related stuff! So... almost everyone know more than me about computers!

In my dirt home I have three thermostats that I can control via my cell phone. It's a nice option especially if I am coming home after a long weekend and I want to cool the house.

Recently I installed Micro-Aire wireless thermostats in my Salon and Pilot House with the intention of using them much like I do my dirt home (remotely).

On the boat I have a Verizon MiFi card that stays on continuously and I have successfully connected the thermostats to the MiFi card. With that connection via the Micro-Aire iPhone APP, I can control each thermostat as long as I am connected to the Verizon MiFi card on my cell phone.

But... that is not what I want to do! I will not always be connected to the MiFi card especially if I am away.

After reading the downloaded instruction manual, there is some mumbo jumbo about obtaining a DDNS service (greek to me) from my router manufacturer. Ugghhh!!:confused:

Has anyone installed/used this system who can send me to the right tech support so they can guide me in the right direction?

Thank you very much!

All the best,

Rusty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom