Winter in South Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
IMG_1903.jpg
IMG_1915.jpg
IMG_1921.jpg

We got a little snow last night!

Wow I bet the kids are going crazy .

Yeah the neighborhood kids were all out early this morning.
IMG_1997.jpg

Crazy isn't it?? We now have 3 inches here in South Louisiana...Now I just have to get these Cruise Air units to put out heat for the first time.. A/c worked fine but have never needed heat:banghead:

IMG_2011.jpgIMG_2010.jpgIMG_2006.jpgIMG_2003.jpgIMG_1999.jpg

A few more. I realize most of you guys get snow all of the time, but this is pretty interesting to us down here.

Wifey B: Freaky. :cool: It's wintery here on the west coast of FL. I just saw that the high Sunday in Key West is only going to be 67 degrees. That's a panic situation. :rofl:

I love snow but not cold. Last snow for me was winter 2013-14. We got in a snowball fight in Seattle with two teenage boys. It was so much fun. We were there waiting for a flight out and saw the snow and decided to take a walk. Well, these two kids decided it would be cute to throw a snowball at these two passersby. Hubby and I looked at each other and then hubby announced, "Game On." We started throwing, dodging in and out of behind trees. All four of us ended up soaked. At that point their mom stepped out to tell them she made hot chocolate, but she snapped "what are you two doing?" One said, "Having a snowball fight. What does it look like?" (I liked his style..stupid question deserves it). She asked who we were and they said, just some people who were walking by. Well, we got invited in for hot chocolate too. She couldn't believe they threw at strangers but more that it didn't bother us and we had fun.

I've been where when it snows a little, none on the ground, kids will scoop it off cars to have a snowball fight. :D

I had so much fun. :dance::dance::dance: The others traveling with us asked where we'd been when we got back to the hotel. We said, "just down the street a couple of blocks for a snowball fight." They said "You two are crazy." I said "duh." :)

Wow! 6” is a lot!

That’s a great story WifeyB!! [emoji106]

It's all that danged global warming or climate change or whatever you want to call it.

Great video. Snow's fun when you only get it every few years. More than that and it's a PITA.

Wow! 6” is a lot!

That’s a great story WifeyB!! [emoji106]

Wifey B: I'm a kid at heart and always intend to be. Hubby and I both were robbed of being teenagers so we have making up to do. :D

Youth is wasted on the young. [emoji51]

Mississippi Snow:socool::socool:

Attachments

• IMG_2122%2520(3)[1][1].jpg
    IMG_2122%2520(3)[1][1].jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, would someone please rotate that pic for me:banghead:

The weather folks are saying we will get mid 40s in Ft Lauderdale area.
I'm sure that will bring a frown to the tourists' faces.
I may have to wear long pants and maybe even socks.

The weather folks are saying we will get mid 40s in Ft Lauderdale area.
I'm sure that will bring a frown to the tourists' faces.
I may have to wear long pants and maybe even socks.

Wifey B: Frown to my face too, so I'm further south for a few days. :) Going down to 58 degrees here Sunday night and that's cold enough. :eek:

Omg, I can't remember the last time I wore long pants. Maybe in NY, on the Erie Canal, May 2016. :)

I think the tourists from North will still look at what they're missing there and not feel quite so bad.

Geez you wimps. Forty degrees is still short pants weather in Maine.

But just to be on the safe side, am heading to Fl next week.

Not long before we moved to Maryland in 2001, recorded 125 inches of snow in one winter, this in New Hartford in the NW corner. That's 10 feet folks. Further west and north probably got more.

Getting 4-6 inches tmmrow in Boston...Yawn....Yawn....Wake me up in April please.

Wifey B: I'm a kid at heart and always intend to be. Hubby and I both were robbed of being teenagers so we have making up to do. :D

Like my dad used to say, youth is wasted on the young. Better to enjoy youth on the other side of 50 when you know enough to appreciate it.

Like my dad used to say, youth is wasted on the young. Better to enjoy youth on the other side of 50 when you know enough to appreciate it.

Naps are wasted on the young too.

Getting 4-6 inches tmmrow in Boston...Yawn....Yawn....Wake me up in April please.

This is when you wish you had a heated boat house so you could go down to the boat and tinker all winter or perhaps an escape plan further south.

Tomorrow will be the day when my beloved dock mates here in Harbortown, Fort Pierce, (members of the E Dock Navy) will be heading to the bathroom in their only wrinkled up hoodie, their long pants both fished from the bottom of the drawer, red nose sticking out, jaws clenched, fists in hoodie pockets and shoulders scrunched forward. A comical sight indeed!:rofl:

First meaningful cold front is always a hoot:popcorn:

7.5' in two days. Nuff said :socool:

(There's a house under there)

Attachments

• Kitimat 7.5' snowfall.jpg
    Kitimat 7.5' snowfall.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 53
Lordy. You cold-loving peeps are nutz. [emoji23]

Geez you wimps. Forty degrees is still short pants weather in Maine.

But just to be on the safe side, am heading to Fl next week.

Flying out there (Portland)next week, too dang warm in TX ;)

Wifey B: Other side of 50? :eek: Not near there yet. :)

Wifey B: Football in the snow in Buffalo. Lousy way to play but sure can be entertaining. Most teams just try to run it but I'd pass pass pass pass pass as you know where you're going and can get there but the other guy is gonna slip and slide and fall. You old dudes may remember a game before I was born when Joe Kapp proved you could pass in the snow big time for the Vikings. I've seen that on one of the Espn shows or something and they didn't even have heaters. Well, except one player did carry a rock wrapped in a towel out from the sauna and they all got around it and hid it from the coach. Of course a lot of guys got frostbite like the ice bowl. :eek:

I prefer bikini weather. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom