Windy 26 operators manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big-B

Vessel Name
Nordic Gypsy
Vessel Make
Windy 26 SN
Greetings All:
I'm a new member as of today, but have enjoyed reading posts over the past months!
My wife and I bought a used little trawler on CL off the dry at a marina in Maryland last year. A Windy 26 .
It's a Norwegian built fiberglass double-ended diesel trawler.
We've had her out a couple time this year and just completely love her!!
The problem: we can't locate an owners manual any where, even the manufacturer, (Windy Boats) says they no longer offer it.
If anyone here knows of or is willing to sell a copy of a manual I would be very appreciative!

PS. Keep up the interesting writings!

Boat builder produced owners manuals are almost useless IMO. Much of what is in them is CYA stuff. The important stuff is in the various systems manuals produced by the systems manufacturer: engine, head, windless, etc.

Many of these even if older are available from the manufacturer on line in pdf format.

So I would first spend some time on line and build up a library of what you can find. Then if there is something you need and don't have ask here. The odds of finding a somewhat obscure boat builder's manual are small.

David

Windy 26 manual

DJ:
Thanks for the reply.
Actually the questionable issue I have is with an aluminum tank located at a higher level than and plumbed with the main fresh water tank, i.e. Why is it there? What's it for?
The tank is cubicle in shape (12x12x14)and has an inspection cover bolted on. Looking inside there's a baffle separating the two halves. The intake 2", (I assume) is on the lower side and the vent 3/4" on upper side. No electrical wires to this tank, only the two previous mentioned hose ports.
The tank and ports are all above the top of my fresh tank and the fill hose from port side.
If you or anyone else has an idea what this strange vessel is, let me know.
I'm going to remove it if I can find no useful reason for it other than collecting mold!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome!
Sometimes owners are wanting more water supply and at some point will add additional tankage for that. If it was factory installed and you asked them it seems they could give you that answer manual or not.
Good luck,

Welcome BigB

Interesting boat. Similar hull shape to mine, which was also based on a Norwegian design. It may be a bit rolly in some conditions, but very seaworthy.

No idea about the extra tank. If the breather and fill point are above this tank it would be added water storage volume, but with the fill point below this tank, the only use would be as an expansion chamber so water doesn't flow out of the breather when tank(s) are filled to the top.

Welcome! I'd love to see a pic of your boat

SAhe sounds similar to a 23' canoe stern Diesel Motor Cruiser my wife's Norwegian cousins owned on the Oslo Fiord and which got us enthused about the possibility of switching from sail (65 yrs for me) to power.

We are very pleased with our Swedish Albin-25; 40 years old and still powered by her original 36hp Volvo-Penta.

Attachments

• DSCF1767.jpg
    DSCF1767.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 106
Here's what I have!

Attachments

• IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 501
I saw a sistership for sale recently in eastern Ontario that piqued my interest. Looks like a great small trawler... My kind of boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom