Window screens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petdoc4u

Vessel Name
EXILE
Vessel Make
HANS CHRISTIAN TRAWLER
I am looking for an insect screen material, preferably 304 or 316 stainless mesh which is rigid enough to be cut to size and screwed into place over the window openings. It will not have a frame thus the need for rigidity. The window openings are not square but instead have a radius. A product which comes in sheets as opposed to a roll would be preferable. The original screens were missing when we bought the boat. I did find a custom screen shop that wants $100 per screen. I would need 9. We could buy a lot of Deet for $900 but would prefer screens. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
-David

David
Not sure who gave you the quote but here is another possibility.
Quality Screen
When I inquired they told me they can do custom shapes from a pattern you provide.

I haven't used them but have referred a couple of folks to them.
No relation or interest on my part - I'd be curious to know your experiences for future reference as I do some canvas work and have folks ask about framed screens from time to time.

David
Not sure who gave you the quote but here is another possibility.
Quality Screen
When I inquired they told me they can do custom shapes from a pattern you provide.

Great find Don...I have (3) I need to replace and this appears to be an affordable product with lots of options..
Thanks!

I used bronze screen for my small ports, got 4 out of a 1x3 sheet.

They have larger sheets.

McMaster Carr.

There is almost any mesh of 316 screen you can think of on this page - up to 48" square.

McMaster-Carr

A piece of copper tubing can be easily bent to the window shape and copper screening soldered on.

Usually done for old ports ,to fit screens, but it should work for a full sized window.

Back
Top Bottom