Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #41
Guru

City: Port Townsend Washington
Vessel Name: " OTTER "
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander Europa 40
RE: This will really stop the pirates

Quote:
Arctic Traveller wrote:

This was a step in the right direction, but as was seen in the Russian video, again the pirates were simply let go.* That don't seem right.........................Arctic Traveller
???? let go??? if you mean had their weapons taken away, photographed, put back aboard their " mother ship " and told have a nice day.... then used as target practice for the Russian equivalent of the phalanx system... and then posting the video of it on you tube??

If we had a* government that had balls we would act swiftly and kill enough pirates that they would decide that it wasnt such a good line of work... and if it didnt stop ..kill more until they did

The statement that their boss made about his loss of manpower,* wages, cost of supplies and that he would " make us pay" makes my blood boil

"kill them all... let God sort them out"

HOLLYWOOD

hollywood8118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #42
KJ
El Capitan

City: N Myrtle Beach, SC
Vessel Name: Avalon
Vessel Model: Chung Hwa 46 LRC
This will really stop the pirates

I usually stay out of the political morass, but they (pirates) just killed four American yachtsmen.*For money.**Like the man says, "makes my blood boil".* Yes, they probably shouldn't have been in those waters to begin with (they were distributing bibles?) but they were. And now they're dead.* I guess the sanctity of life becomes meaningless in the face of millions of dollars.* Well worth the risk to these a s s holes that have nothing to lose to begin with except their own lives, while the honchos on land that run the ops rake in the*bounty.* Cut the head off the snake.* **

-- Edited by KJ on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 12:46:20 AM

KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #43
Guru

City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36

That financier in Puntland should be in someone's crosshairs, and others like him.
Steve W
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #44
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan

Maybe we should pay the Russians, French or Israelis to deal with it.* They don't take crap from anyone when their citizens or interests are at stake.* No matter what you think of those countries/governments, you have to respect that they don't abandon their people like our Gov't does.
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #45
TF Site Team

City: San Mateo, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl II
Vessel Model: PT 35

Quote:
Carey wrote:

Mike wrote:

Because the SEALs are warriors, not killers.

And that makes all the difference."

END OF QUOTE

Mike
Merritt Island, FL.
TOO BAD!

All the pirates we treat so humanely will end up killing more of our neighbors. Absolutely no mercy from me. I'm for outta sight outta mind. Get it over with.
In my gut, I'd have to agree with Carey, but the bottom line is as Mike quotes, the SEALS are warriors, not killers.* My BIL was a SEAL.* Has he killed people?* He won't talk about it.* SEALS are regular guys, they just happen to be Bad A$$ very well trained guys.**Hopefully justice will prevail against these pirates, but I can't fault the SEALS for not killing*people who had surrendered.**
Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #46
Per
Guru

it is the same "old" story
how will a civilized country/regimen deal with un-civilized criminals?
if you deal them the same punishment dealt in a civilized country, the criminals dont budge only their own cruelty would put a scare in them.

in this day and age of constant surveillance and new reporters on the scene, nobody from a civilized organization would make any kind of politically incorrect action, they would get "killed" in the media.

we cant go after the financier (least not directly) as that would/could look like the US is trying to politically influence that nation.

perhaps it should be considered to find out who these backers are and simply put up a reward, time to let the bounty hunters go their work.
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #47
Guru

City: Bellingham, WA
Vessel Name: Happy Destiny
Vessel Model: Custom Lobster Yacht
This will really stop the pirates

Quote:
Pineapple Girl wrote:

In my gut, I'd have to agree with Carey, but the bottom line is as Mike quotes, the SEALS are warriors, not killers.* My BIL was a SEAL.* Has he killed people?* He won't talk about it.* SEALS are regular guys, they just happen to be Bad A$$ very well trained guys.**Hopefully justice will prevail against these pirates, but I can't fault the SEALS for not killing*people who had surrendered.**
JenniferI understand Mike's viewpoint and yours. I have to commend our Seals for their restraint. I know they would have rather gone my way. But then they'd all be facing charges. Our PC approach to everything will eventually lead to our demise.

-- Edited by Carey on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 12:45:09 PM

Carey is offline   Reply With Quote