The wife is worried...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't please all the people all the time! I enjoy sarcasm and deep offending humor most of the time. So fire away if you like! Remember, with me, sometimes the porch light is on, but nobody is home...lol!

Absolutely right. Somebody got it.

Apologies to Nsail and anyone else offended by my sarcasm, and to Mr psneeld specifically for receiving the butt end of it.

I got your point just fine....:thumb:

I'm often the one that says forums are for just that ....open debate about ideas and not what's in isle 5 at West marine or some basic and partly wrong article in last months boating rag...let's get down and dirty with what the average boater can do and afford.

The trouble with the piracy and danger discussion...it's not like what hull cleaner to use...or how often should I change my oil....most here haven't ventured far enough from home or the states to really see what international, seedy harbor towns are like.

What really gets me going are the guys here that say one thing and their posts prove how clueless they really are ....:D And they are pretty obvious based on how many PM's I usually get.:thumb:

The experts who have sunk their boats with great costs and loss of life resulting is surprising. Think Costa Concordia, Yogi and Bounty to name a few. Or how about the 777 that a seasoned pilot drove into the ground this past week.

Lest any experts on TF get too carried away with their skills and experience a bit of modesty cannot hurt.

Thankyou to you all for your comments...the reason I asked was, as I said, to be able to show my wife some comments from the people on the forum who have experience cruising. Personally I have traveled extensively to some of the seediest areas of the world and seen enough crime and violence to last me...however my knowledge of what happens offshore is scant, thus the query.

On the second point, I would agree with Sunchaser above, some modesty can make it far easier for newbs to have the courage to ask questions. If that isn't part of the point of this forum then let me know and I will go elsewhere. If a newb is given a hard time for asking a question others view as basic or stupid then they will give up asking and become more of a danger out there to themselves and others.

Absolutely right. Somebody got it.

Apologies to Nsail and anyone else offended by my sarcasm, and to Mr psneeld specifically for receiving the butt end of it.

No apologies needed as I wasn't offended. I guess I have trouble discerning poking fun and personal attacks sometimes. For my benefit, would you please require everyone from now on to add smiley faces if they're just poking fun? That way I'll know for sure what is what. Ha Ha!

Aussie

My take on the whole thing is what I told my wife......If these things were anywhere near the norm they wouldn't be in the news. So if and when this rare occurance does happen, they sensationalize it. Sometimes when the news casters are talking about it you can tell they are trying to make a story when one may not exist.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom