Old 06-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #21
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
RE: Why in the world did I buy a boat?

Quote:
Pineapple Girl wrote:
with that title I was expecting something bad to happen!* I am so glad it was all good times! *

That is kinda why we decided to go the trawler route. *It always seems that sailboaters have all of these harrowing stories about their trips. *I guess because there is so much crap that can go wrong with all that ****-on-a-stick. *Trawler folks just motor along. *I guess the downfall is that you don't have as many war stories. *

Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #22
TF Site Team

City: San Mateo, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl II
Vessel Model: PT 35

Quote:
Baker wrote:Pineapple Girl wrote:
with that title I was expecting something bad to happen!* I am so glad it was all good times! *

That is kinda why we decided to go the trawler route. *It always seems that sailboaters have all of these harrowing stories about their trips. *I guess because there is so much crap that can go wrong with all that ****-on-a-stick. *Trawler folks just motor along. *I guess the downfall is that you don't have as many war stories. *

nothing like being woken up at 3 in the morning by chaos on deck as the crew on watch dumped the spinnaker overboard when they tried to douse it and they are now dragging it under the keel, back into the cockpit and shoving it down the companionway for ME to do something with.* LOL and of course this is the same spinnaker we had spent 2 hours repairing early the same day!* Ah yes, good times.* can't say I miss the sailboat.*

Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #23
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B

Yes, you really have to have had a yacht to really understand just how sweet it is to just leap on, turn a key, drop lines and go...in any direction, virtually any time of the tide, and with the wind direction usually irrelevant, rain, hail or shine, so to speak. Sure, there are times in a sail boat that you think back on as an absolutely sublime passage...wind at a perfect angle, swishing along, the sailing humming, perfectly trimmed, tell-tales flowing beautifully, no engine noise...but they are kinda like your best golf shots...you know, the ones which occasionally connect perfectly and fly straight and true right next to the hole...few and far between....

Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote