who doesn't need bottom paint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
img_4717_0_120ada642a2c95df86f444cc8b547791.jpg

-- Edited by markpierce on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 08:12:57 PM

Old Stone wrote:
Mark - How much time do you figure is required to get that tri off the pontoons and ready to go?
*about* 5/7 minutes... I have watched them trailer launch f-27's and they look very strange... they are very speedy and have a big following

HOLLYWOOD

If you are going to that expense and trouble may as well put it on a trailer, and/or dry storage. Land/dry storage is very popular in the Puget Sound area.* Most of the bigger marines now have dry storage. *If we move off the boat in the winter time we might have the Eagle stored on land, and splash in the summer.

I've seen a 32' Bayliner stored this way in the Delta, looked pretty slick to me. Covered berth too.

Yeah, pretty interesting boat and "dry berth" apparatus.* (This includes an air compressor shown in the picture below.)* Looks fast, but the boat doesn't have much volume/living space for its size.

img_67445_0_807dfbc24698d0c53aebca601a936ea4.jpg

*(Coot in the background.)

-- Edited by markpierce on Wednesday 30th of November 2011 04:09:14 PM

The boat may be ok but the floats will still get messed up.

Asking a question that is related to topic. Besides just gettting a dirty bottom are there any other problems associated with not painting a bottom in fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom