Where to sell or trade 36 ft mainship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjsangster

Vessel Name
Shama Lama
Vessel Make
Atlantic 44
We have 36 ft mainship nantucket.1987 year model. We feel that we are ready to move up to a 40ft. Which style is most recommended if we stay with mainship?

For what it's worth...there are a lot of 40 footers that don't have the living space of your 36. The Nantucket has always been one of my favorites. The only thing I don't like about it is the cramped flybridge.

My 36 ft mainship has two 270 gas engines with only 700 hours . It was kept on Lake Lanier in Georgia. It was used just to play around on Lake

Gas engine ??

That boat usually comes with Crusader or Merc 350's, 270 HP. Many people would think the boat to be underpowered with that engine, but the boat easily cruises (very economically) in the high teens.

To start I would put it on Craigslist , The Hull Truth and this forum. The Hull Truth doesn't have a huge trawler following BUT they do have lots of eyeball traffic which is always good. If no bites from those then you could try BoatTrader which will give you a basic ad for like $50 or so. I'm not a fan of BoatTrader but the price is right. Yacht World is probably the most used and known site but you'll need a broker to post it for you and that will cost at least 5% of the purchase price.

Why the jump from a 36' to a 40'? Doesn't seem like a big jump.

We have sold 2 boats in the last 2 years through Boattrader. First clean out the boat of stuff and then clean the boat. Take a lot of clear sharp photos of every angle and every part of the boat for the ad. Then list all the equipment. Price it realistically. Both times the first person to come look at the boat bought it. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom