Where did you grow up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicago. Boating didn't start until after I finished school. Must not have learned much in my many economics/business classes to end up buying a boat.

Seattle, WA. Grew up on a houseboat on Lake Union in the 50's and 60's. We always had some type of small boat plus my dad was a tugboater and my grandfather was an entrepreneur of some note. I used to row a 12' steel lifeboat off one of my dads tugs around from the Locks to the UW. Great fun in those days. I wouldn't move back to Seattle if they gave me the place now, just a cesspool in my view.

Grew up in the near western Chicago suburb of Westchester, near Hillside, Broadview, Brookfield and LaGrange. Every summer, we vacationed in the northwoods of WI and in MN (now the Boundary Waters Wilderness Area). We usually spent a week or two in a family of 8 kids. Sometimes, we'd have a guys only fishing trip that was a great experience.

Spent the best week of my summertime youth canoeing into Canadian waters from International Falls, MN.

Then I went to college, got married, chased a career and almost forgot about boats in the process! I finally came to my senses in 2000!

Born at the Alameda Naval Air Station (SF Bay Area), so I was practically born on the water, right? My dad was in the CG at the time. Grew up in the Bay Area. My dad was a 1/4 partner in an Owens Aruba, a 42 foot cabin cruiser, which they kept in Berkeley. That's me driving it in the avatar picture.

Later I did some sailing in the Bay, not a lot, but numerous times. Very tricky place for sailing!

Grew up on the east side Cleveland, moved to NW Ohio for med school, likely headed to Maine for residency and the rest.

Oddly enough, despite living most of my life less than 10 miles from Lake Erie, and working on lots of other boats on Lake Erie most of my boating experience is on the Ohio, Allegheny, and Mon.

The Good Book sez , to come as children to be saved.

Grow UP?

not yet!

Maybe in the next 74 years.

"Grew up" in my 6th grade class more and faster than any other I encountered. Mr. McGlade was an inspiration. Heck of a mind-opening teacher... in nearly every respect!

I grew up in So. Cal beach towns-eventually landing in Santa Barbara. I moved to the Pacific NW after under-grad, shed my grownup ways, and never looked back. Never more than 10 miles from salt-water, and most of the time a lot closer than that.--most of the time with a boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom