Old 10-25-2019, 07:35 AM   #21
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet steadysailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbase View Post
Cardude/Bill:
PM me if you need assistance of any sort. We are 30 minutes away in Jupiter, know the Stuart area, have a pickup truck for whatever need, garage full of power tools, table saw, drill press, miters, boat parts, etc etc. and helpful attitudes! I will PM you contact info. At a minimum can meet you and, on behalf of the TF Crew, take you to dinner as a thank you for the boating adventure you are giving all of us. RT Firefly told me to be sure and invite EVERYONE who can come and he would pick up the tab. Such a nice guy!

Thanks so much for the generous offer! I talked to Travis at Mack Sails and the yard manager yesterday and Iím on the schedule to get hauled early next week for bottom assessment and mast removal. So I think Iíve got it lined up.

Iím flying back to Texas today to take care of some things and work out the estimate for the insurance company, but will be back soon to take advantage of RTís generous free dinner!

cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:37 AM   #22
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,

Mr. cd....

Old 10-25-2019, 08:47 AM   #23
Guru

City: Jupiter, Florida
Vessel Name: Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Ehh...whatEVER....!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RTF.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	95708  
firstbase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:53 AM   #24
Guru

City: Jupiter, Florida
Vessel Name: Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Thanks so much for the generous offer! I talked to Travis at Mack Sails and the yard manager yesterday and I’m on the schedule to get hauled early next week for bottom assessment and mast removal. So I think I’ve got it lined up.

I’m flying back to Texas today to take care of some things and work out the estimate for the insurance company, but will be back soon to take advantage of RT’s generous free dinner!
Glad you have things going. Let me know if you do need me to do something or check on anything. I am easing into retirement so half my time is spent reading TF in my office and the other 1/2 reading TF at home. It's an ugly job but.....

Just ignore RTF. I have his AMEX card. Last time I saw him his wife gave it to me for safe keeping. Told me "He gets outta control sometimes....". We are good.
firstbase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #25
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. fb. ""He gets outta control sometimes....". She wasn't talking about my AMEX card...

Old 10-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #26
TF Site Team

City: JAX, FL
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
...Any pointers on how to deal with the insurance company are appreciated.
Document, document and document. We had $66k claim one year. Our insurance company sent out a surveyor. I picked the yard for the repairs and got an estimate for each task from that yard. The insurance company would then approve each one before the work started. After completion, we both signed off and the check was cut.

I doucumwnted everything including ever conversation, phone call with the time and date plus I took probably 1000 pictures. There was a detail that the insurance company balked at but I was able to reference the conversation with pictures and they ok’d it. That being said it was a 4 month process for the claim and during that time addition damage was found so the estimates had to be revisited up and approved.

Good luck. I feel for you Bill especially with the Insurance company pulling out of the market.

Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote