Old 06-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #21
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Fill View Post
I am getting closer the closer I am to retirement! 40 years of boating, 15+ year of the 40 year being a live aboard. Its sort of the same feeling I had when I ran out of excuses why we could/should NOT buy the big ugly boat. Next year we will have to start deciding what to do with the Eagle. My gut says SELL, but my heart says, NO!
Phil - IMHO, follow your heart! That said... if you sell Eagle; pick up something that keeps ya in touch with water. Best health and peace of mind medicine I know! Good Luck!! - Art

Art is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #22
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Phil - IMHO, follow your heart! That said... if you sell Eagle; pick up something that keeps ya in touch with water. Best health and peace of mind medicine I know! Good Luck!! - Art
I would keep the 1972 run about! I would sell the Eagle before the run about! We are thinking about buying a land yatch and pull the run about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Run about.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	20131  

Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #23
Art
Guru

Quote:
I would keep the 1972 run about! I would sell the Eagle before the run about! We are thinking about buying a land yatch and pull the run about.
That would be FUN! Better not mention that to my admiral! - LOL
Old 06-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #24
Guru

It has been awhile since I have been on this forum and finding this question was perfect timing for us. We are between boats as we make progress with medical issues which forced us to sell our last boat - Nordhavn 40. Now that we are back in the game finding the right boat is the big question. We went back to PAE and signed an LOI for a custom N40 (yes we are addicted to these boats) then had to cancel for a number of reason's including the missing excitement we experienced with the previous two builds. Fast forward a couple of months and an offer on used N47 was not accepted (probably a good thing since we were not ready for all the work that we assumed would come with a 10 year boat). So we are back looking for that perfect boat which we can live aboard part time. My real desire is to find something in the 40' range, large beam and simpler systems (no wing engine, no generator but go for heat & A/C). It is hard to find a high quality, simple boat, in this size at a fair price. I have researched just about every builder out there and struggling. If it was not for living aboard the decision would be much simpler - a 26' Wasque for day trips! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
N4061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #25
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4061 View Post
If it was not for living aboard the decision would be much simpler - a 26' Wasque for day trips! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Buy the Wasque and rent a condo? When you tire of that cruising ground move the boat and rent another condo.

The boat you seem to desire will need to be built to order anyway, so if that's the route hire an independent NA and tell him to make it happen.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #26

City: Matagorda Bay
Vessel Name: Salty
Vessel Model: 2005 Defever 44
Quote:
I guess this is how "life" tends to change our direction as we live it....
We sold our 40' sailboat several years ago and bought a 40' motorcoach when a family crisis made us want to travel by land for a while. Enjoyed that, now we are looking for a trawler to get back on the water...The circle continues!
greysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #27
Art
Guru

IMO

Land cruiser fine!

Boat cruiser Devine!!

Just sayen...