Old 09-22-2010, 04:04 AM   #81
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
RE: Whats your thoughts on this................

Patti, when I'm down at the marina this weekend - whether the boat is going back in or not, and the constant rain showers - very uncharacteristic for these parts, I might add - are making that a maybe, I'll take a pic on the old camera-phone and post it.

Knead-it is a roll of a type of epoxy filler in a tube , with filler and hardener in two layers, one rolled round the other, and the ends sealed with a round piece of grease-proof paper. One merely cuts off what one needs - kneads it in the hand until and even colour and warm, thus activating the hardening process, then stuffs it into the hole you want to fill, or in this case around the base of the old car aerial then bunged into the aperture of the swiveling aerial mount, and quite soon it sets as hard as a rock - literally. Brilliant stuff. The marine version will actually set under water. Do you have it over there guys - or an equivalent maybe.....anyone.....?
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #82
Guru

City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
Whats your thoughts on this................

Those are generically called Epoxy Sticks here, and usually sold under a catchy name like Hold Fast, or Super Bond, etc. and are found next to the tubes of caulking material in most hardware stores. I find they work very well, they do have to be well kneaded, with your fingers as directed, before applying.

Steve W.

-- Edited by Steve on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 06:21:33 AM
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:43 AM   #83
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34

Ok, Rocky/Patti (her hubby), and anyone ese interested. Here are a couple of pics of my telescopic dockline 'holder-upper' fashioned from and old car aerial set into the base of a VHF aerial (with epoxy stick) and mounted on the dock cleat, so as hold the end of a line in easy reach from the pilot door for the skipper to pull aboard a short midships "hold the boat secure till we get the others on", dock line.* Note the short looped dockline is now on the cleat, with retrieval line curled on the dock and end looped onto the hook on the top.* (Made from bungy cord hook stuck on to top of aerial, again, with epoxy-stick).
The second pic shows it with holder telescoped down, then laid flat on the dock by unclamping the swivelling aerial base.
Attached Thumbnails
image059.jpg   image058.jpg  
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #84

Thank you Peter, I get it now, picture speaks volumes.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote