What's your dream boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wayfarer

Guru
Vessel Name
Sylphide
Vessel Make
Kingston Aluminum Yacht 44' Custom
Here's mine:
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439098061.862374.jpg

Just kidding.

Forgive me if this topic has already been covered, but I don't remember one like it since I've been here, and it's one of my favorite daydreams. I'm curious what boat you would have if money were no object. Say if you won the mega millions tomorrow, or that book you wrote about the mating practices of alligators became an overnight success. What would you get, and why? What would you do with it? Are you the type to get a 75 foot Nordhavn and set off for the horizon, or are you likely to keep it coastal, and get a classic woody or maybe something custom? No rules, pick whatever you want.

I think I'd most likely keep it under 55 feet. I'd want to be able to single hand it occasionally, and I wouldn't want to try that with anything more than that. I think I'd order a Krogen Express 52. I love the layout, I love the looks, I love the pilothouse, the flying bridge, and the cockpit. I love that it's got the ability to kick up it's skirt and boogie if you want, but would be perfectly happy running slow bell all day. I love the light, airy interior, too.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439100471.406220.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439100489.898608.jpg

I would also consider a Fleming 55. I've always liked those a lot.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439100510.492678.jpg

I'd keep along the coast for the most part, taking my time, seeing all there was to see. I'd want to run from the Great Lakes out through the Seaway and down the coast. I'd do the Bahamas and Caribbean. I'd take her over to the Left Coast and meander all the way up to Alaska and back. I used to have ocean crossing aspirations, but I think I'll leave that to Queen Mary 2.

So, what'll it be for you? A mega yacht with a full crew? I'm curious to see how many of you already have your dream boats. I bet there are a lucky few of us in that category.

Last edited:
Are running cost included in this dream boat Dave? If so I think I'd look at the Nordhavn 75EYF with a nice blue hull. I love the look of sports fishers and it has all the comforts of home for cruising.

20.jpg

Brett

OK Big dreamer

Outer Reef 800

Smaller Dreamer Hatteras CPMY

Attachments

• 80_outerreef.jpg
    80_outerreef.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 147
  • CPMY HAT 74.jpg
    CPMY HAT 74.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 151
I'd offer Twisted Tree an offer he couldn't refuse for his boat. Y'all will need to track down what that is if you don't know, 'cause I'm not saying', just to make for a bitta mystery.

Mind you, coming down to earth a bit more, I could live with one of these...

http://www.clippermotoryachts.com/explorer-50/

Ok, I give up...the first love was this...

http://www.nordhavn.com/60/

Last edited:
Are running cost included in this dream boat Dave?

Sure. We'll just assume you can afford to pay for as much fuel and maintenance and as many servants as you want. I'd hire an engineer to come in every so often to do all of my engine and mechanical maintenance. I think I'd pay somebody to clean the boat a few times a week, too. Why not? I'm rich!

Here would be my inshore dream boat.

Built with modern foam core (Airex) and with a single modern engine .

STROLLER by MR H

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/at...ettiest-motorboats-photos-please-stroller.jpg

My secod dream vessel would be a self jacking hovercraft.

No need for charts it can travel over thin water or small flat islands.

The spuds would be for O'nite.

No wakes or anchor to fret ,

and with 2 black balls in the rigging the local Bubba Cops cant claim you are anchored illegialy in front of MR Bigbucks castle , you are aground!

Last edited:
Alas, no. I haven't won the lottery.

But if I really wanted something extravagant, it would look a lot like these ones.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439122055.484102.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439122073.823943.jpg

I have two dreamboats, Endeavour 48' Pilot House Trawler Cat and a Great Harbour GH 47' Flybridge

Interesting that most want a bigger boat. Guess I'm a coastal cruiser and have no aspirations to go out of site of land as that's what my day job is. If I was looking for a second boat, it would be smaller. Would like to have something that could easily be trucked over the road without lead and follow cars. Guess this would be less than 12' wide and a keel to overall height of 15'. The idea would be to easily truck it to wherever you wanted to start your adventure and be picked up when the fun meter was pegged. Might be nice to spend the summer in Alaska (both days of it :rolleyes:) and then winter in the Sea of Cortez. Would like a shallow enough draft (<3') to go explore the skinny water and have enough capacity for 2 weeks without replenishing. I like the idea of being able to pick a water destination and have my explorer delivered there in a matter of days.

Ted

Oops, forgot the pictures!

My two dreamboats:

Endeavour 48' Trawlercat with Pilothouse

Great Harbour GH 47' with Flybridge

GH 47.jpeg

TC 48.jpg

Wayfarer: my wife and I were discussing this yesterday, and I suggested the same Krogan 52 for the same attributes . Beautiful boat, I've been on one several times over the years at the Newport boat show. I usually have to clean off the drool when I get off the boat.

Let me start by saying "I love where I live & wouldn't want to live any other place on the planet."

That said, I'm driving my dream boat and it only took 3.5 years to find it. It's relatively fast, has great guest accommodations, cruises or fishes, easily boarded, entertains quite well and resides in a 45' slip.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-11.jpg
    FullSizeRender-11.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 138
We are still trying to nail down the next boats true mission. Two current contenders are the Seahorse Marine Coot 35 and the Seapiper 35 for different reasons. Either of which would be ordered as DC only boats.

The other possibility is we go with something custom built similar to this boat, again totally dependent upon how the mission shakes out.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439135139.301794.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439135162.217528.jpg

You can say our tastes are for the simpler things in life.

A 96 Nordhavn, spec'ed to my
Needs.

One that never breaks, never needs maintenance, is paid for and looks like a boat should look.

I mean if money is no object, I'd love to have this bad boy.

http://www.yachtauctions.com/inventory/9547/

No reguard to money a N46.

If I need to maintain it a NT 32.

It's been a good exercise to think about a boat being a dream anything, but I suppose if it was a dream for me right now, it would need to start with a dream "stand up" engine room (something in the order of a Great Harbour N-47).

Last edited:
Marlow explorer 49e. But I don't buy the tickets so I'm looking, dreamily, at a kk42:)!

Having just returned from spending a few days aboard her again, I think I would have a pretty simple reply to the OP's original question.....

"See avatar"

One that never breaks, never needs maintenance, is paid for and looks like a boat should look.

That's what the reset button (underneath the fuel-consumption meter) is for. :D

My needs are more modest than some. I think a Hinckley T55 would work just fine for me.

t55_09.jpg

t55_05.jpg

I mean, that's what I think tonight. I'm sure by morning it will be something completely different. I like this game :D

Back
Top Bottom