Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #81
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
That boat in your post # 76 is a Tollycraft!

Style wise things don't match up too good. I like the "cruiser" style w fwd pilothouse much better. Can you post a pic of one of them?

THREAD CREEP!
Eric - I recommend you visit the Model Section at http://www.tolly-classified.com/class3.html Punch on the years listed... picts of nearly every Tolly model is available. I donít have a pict for what you request in Tolly design. You can also go to Yachtworld and see inside/outside picts as well as equip lists for many Tolly of most sizes and models.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #82
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
"Correct-O-Peel!!! Good thing Mitt... "

TC Please take it to OTDE.

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #83
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Quote:
Originally Posted by refugio View Post
We? Really? Pics or it didn't happen (smile)
I guess it never happened then if a picture is required? When moored on Lake Union we had many a dock/marina/boat parties. What happens in the city stays in the city! Another reason we moored on Lake Union as there was usually some place to go and due. Seattle is a very liberal/open minded city. That is why I have said many time, I am a metro sexual, yuppie as I am comfortable with my female side. But that is really an off topic discussion. So it never happened!
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #84
Scraping Paint

City: Fort Lauderdale
Vessel Model: CHB 48 Zodiac YL 4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by refugio View Post
We? Really? Pics or it didn't happen (smile)
Don't ask, you'll get in trouble with the management ... oh, maybe not, there is new management.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #85
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Vessel Name: Small Incentive
Vessel Model: Boston Whaler 130 Sport
I always wondered how you could call something a "trawler" that didn't trawl. Would you call someone a baker who didn't bake, or a painter who didn't paint?

We were waiting for a bridge opening once, a minute or two before the guy was going to open, a woman gets on the radio and announces "this is the southbound trawler___ and we'd like you to hold your opening till we get there", or words to that effect. In the Carolinas, as most places, a trawler is a commercial fishing vessel and many bridges will open for them on demand or otherwise try to accommodate them, outside of any schedule formal or informal. So the tender said, "I haven't heard that name before captain, what was the name of your trawler, you new around here?" Gal says, yes, this the trawler____" So he says, ok captain, we'll wait. Well finally way down the channel this shiny toy boat/plastic fantastic/cabin cruiser what have you comes around the bend, a mile or so away. Tender says "____ is that you that just came around the corner?" Woman affirms. "Then this bridge is going up right now cause that ain't no trawler!" Guy is notoriously ornery and she really got his goat. We went through and sure enough he lowered that thing right behind us.

By the way Marin, one of the nicest boats we ever chartered was a beautiful 49' Grand Banks Motoryacht.
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #86
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltexflanc View Post
I always wondered how you could call something a "trawler" that didn't trawl. Would you call someone a baker who didn't bake, or a painter who didn't paint?

We were waiting for a bridge opening once, a minute or two before the guy was going to open, a woman gets on the radio and announces "this is the southbound trawler___ and we'd like you to hold your opening till we get there", or words to that effect. In the Carolinas, as most places, a trawler is a commercial fishing vessel and many bridges will open for them on demand or otherwise try to accommodate them, outside of any schedule formal or informal. So the tender said, "I haven't heard that name before captain, what was the name of your trawler, you new around here?" Gal says, yes, this the trawler____" So he says, ok captain, we'll wait. Well finally way down the channel this shiny toy boat/plastic fantastic/cabin cruiser what have you comes around the bend, a mile or so away. Tender says "____ is that you that just came around the corner?" Woman affirms. "Then this bridge is going up right now cause that ain't no trawler!" Guy is notoriously ornery and she really got his goat. We went through and sure enough he lowered that thing right behind us.

By the way Marin, one of the nicest boats we ever chartered was a beautiful 49' Grand Banks Motoryacht.
Caltex - Welcome to the Toy Trawler - vs - Toy Pleasure Boat chat. That a Hatteras you have on avatar? - Happy Boating Daze! - Art
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #87
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Vessel Name: Small Incentive
Vessel Model: Boston Whaler 130 Sport
Yes Art that is a Hatteras 56... Motoryacht! (official name). We have owned, lived aboard and cruised it extensively up and down the eastern seaboard and offshoots for 5 1/2 years. Marin and a few others may remember me from the Trawlers and Trawlering list a few years ago. I see some familiar names from other forums I more regularly follow. Took me awhile to sign up for this one. I guess I don't come by here much because, after all, I don't have a "trawler"!

George
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #88
Art
Guru

Quote:
Yes Art that is a Hatteras 56... Motoryacht! (official name). We have owned, lived aboard and cruised it extensively up and down the eastern seaboard and offshoots for 5 1/2 years. Marin and a few others may remember me from the Trawlers and Trawlering list a few years ago. I see some familiar names from other forums I more regularly follow. Took me awhile to sign up for this one. I guess I don't come by here much because, after all, I don't have a "trawler"!

George
Hi George

Nice life ya got there and a nice "Motoryacht", i.e. boat to live it on! 50's to mid 70's I grew up on New England waters... NY to Maine. You get opp see all the Penobscot Bay. It's all Beautiful!! Camden and Rockport were towns I lived and boated from 69 to 73. LI, NY and NY, NY are my orig locals. SF Bay and Delta Areas now... Love these too!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #89
Guru

City: coos bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Real trollers troll for salmon;

(found photo here)
Return of the Fishboats | Lighthouse Memories
now that a real trawler
bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #90
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
Fantastic photo's of the lighthouses
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #91
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
Quote:
. Would you call someone a baker who didn't bake, or a painter who didn't paint? ............
If a bricklayer can lay brick, why can't a plumber lay plumb?
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #92
Scraping Paint

City: Fort Lauderdale
Vessel Model: CHB 48 Zodiac YL 4.2
They did until plumb(ium) was replaced with more modern materials.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #93
Guru

[QUOTE=caltexflanc;117867]I always wondered how you could call something a "trawler" that didn't trawl. Would you call someone a baker who didn't bake, or a painter who didn't paint?

That line that conects your dinghy to the mother ships is called.....a painter ...
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #94
Guru

As to the question of a woman wearing high heels onboard.....really depends on the bottom shape of that particular woman on my little ship
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #95
Art
Guru

[QUOTE=motion30;117925]
Quote:

That line that conects your dinghy to the mother ships is called.....a painter ...
"Chock Full O' Nuts is that Heavenly Coffee, Heavenly Coffee..."

It's so yuck tasting, unless copious amount of Brandy is added!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #96
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by motion30 View Post
As to the question of a woman wearing high heels onboard.....really depends on the bottom shape of that particular woman on my little ship
I appreciate your tenor on the high heels bit. But, feel I must ask...

We've gone round and round here regarding what to call our little boat toys, i.e.:

Trawlers / Pleasure Trawlers / Pleasure Cruisers / Power Boats / Cabin Cruisers / Toy Boats... and other type nomenclature

But please... now you add "Little Ship" - All I can say is Why Not!! lMAO!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #97
Guru

City: Signal Mtn., TN
Vessel Name: Stella Maris
Vessel Model: Defever 44
toy [toi]

noun

1. an object, often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything.

2. a thing or matter of little or no value or importance; a trifle.

3. something that serves for or as if for diversion, rather than for serious pratical use.

4. a small article of little value but prized as a souvenir or for some other special reason; trinket; knickknack; bauble.

5. something diminutive, especially in comparison with like objects.

I guess people can call them whatever they want, but I understand why some feel insulted about their homes on the water, which they depend on to keep them safe and for which they paid a fortune, being called toys. Most of the definitions are derogatory when associated with anything of value.
angus99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #98
Guru

How about this..My little toy trawler ship ??

Or maybe as the last girl friend called it "That dam boat"
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #99
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Well technically that is true as commercial boats have preference for the bridges and locks. That is why the Eagle is registered as a commercial charter so we do not have to wait for the bridges and locks. When we call ahead they usually asked for the commercial registration number to verify. So the Eagle is a commercial charter live a board pleasure trawler. We almost became a commercial fishing/crabbing/charter live aboard, pleasure trawler! Long story!

Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #100
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
I think if you want to call your own boat a "toy", that's fine. When you call someone else's boat a "toy", that can be taken as an insult.

rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote