What's better to check out trawlers, trawlerfest or Stuart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krisko

I'm going down to FL for either the Stuart boat show or trawlerfest. I'm just now trying to get an idea what kind of boat I'd want...for that matter I'm just now figuring out the purpose (retiring in 5 years). I assume I'll see more boats at the stuart boat show?

I vote for TrawlerFest. I was at the Stuart Boat Show a year or two ago, and there were only a few trawlers. Of course KK and Nordhavn have bases there. Their docks are a better show.

TrawlerFest

Stuart is basically a fishing and go fast boat show now that Krogen isn't a participant and Nordhaven recently moved to Palm Beach, so I doubt they will be there either. Trawler Fest is a cruising boat show with the Power Cats, Trawlers, Brokerage cruising boats, etc.. That's not to say that Carvers, Sea Rays, Silvertons etc. aren't decent live-aboards or cruisers, but since Trawler Fest is a product of Passagemaker Magazine, the cruising theme is infinitely more present in that kind of show then in one who's theme is simply fun on the water.

At trawler fest you will be able to meet lots of trawler owners and be able to pick their brains at meals etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom