What your "Trawler" says about you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just got back from our "yacht"...where I spent a good part of the weekend working on the forward shower sump, full of hair and bathroom goo. If I were rich I could hire somebody else to fix it.

Art, in post 5 has it right. We all are rich, especially compared with perhaps 95% of the world's population, and maybe 80% of Americans. Very few of us, I suspect, are obscenely rich like the 1% of the folks who can afford something even so small as pictured in post 1.

Even when sore in the knees, dripping in sweat, removing divots from our person on unforgiving iron or fiberglass objects, we should give thanks to our lucky stars for the good times we are so privileged to enjoy on the water with family and friends.

Art, in post 5 has it right. We all are rich, especially compared with perhaps 95% of the world's population, and maybe 80% of Americans. Very few of us, I suspect, are obscenely rich like the 1% of the folks who can afford something even so small as pictured in post 1.

Even when sore in the knees, dripping in sweat, removing divots from our person on unforgiving iron or fiberglass objects, we should give thanks to our lucky stars for the good times we are so privileged to enjoy on the water with family and friends.

Indeed, when I crawl head down into my bilge I am still happy to have a bilge, just wish it was a bit bigger so I do not have to be a contortionist to go down there :D

L.

Being retired is great so I can work on the boat whenever I want to. I do feel rich in many respects since I can own a boat even if it is 30 years old. Having a boat that old just gives me more projects to eat up my time so I don't have to work on the house.

What my trawler says about me.

Got to thinking about what the OP was really asking.

Attachments

• what does your trawler say 2.jpg
    what does your trawler say 2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
You know, ART, I hate to admit it out loud but I appreciate reading about all the things going wrong on other people's boats. Reminds me of things that I'd like to eliminate on my next one. From my experience the list begins with: 1) pressure water pump; 2) Westerbeke genny; 3) Onan genny

Get a grip guys.
Having a trawler says you are almost certianly an old man.

Ahem!

And as for everything working, hahaha. I don't believe that is possible. Golly gee though, wouldn't that be nice!?!

Even a small trip around the bend of the river is pure pleasure. This Seaweed is my home and haven. She is remarkable and I am fortunate.

Of course there are also issues. It was good to read that I am not the only person whose fuel return line is over filling a tank. I'll chase that down next. In the meantime I'll use the port tank and try to even up things. I must have turned the valves improperly. Checking will require taking off both valve thingies and figuring out which way I was supposed to have them switched.

In the meantime I'm enjoying the extra power from my MPPT controller. This rich life is for me! How fortunate we are to be able to enjoy life afloat.

... It was good to read that I am not the only person whose fuel return line is over filling a tank.

Happened to me once. Fortunately smelled "fuel" since the open pilothouse door was near the overflowing-tank's vent, so caught the overflow before before there the fuel entered the water. Got to mind the fuel valves!

That looks slick. I have just two tanks and two fuel return lines and two valves. And a mistaken belief that I knew what way and how to put the switches. I should have written it down. I should write Everything however I didn't. I will though this time. I like your labels. It is very spiffy. Of course that's Coot so rather to be expected, eh? I have a serious case of bilge envy!

Thank you for a great idea. I'm going to use something similar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom