what is your favorite overall paint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seattleboatguy

Vessel Name
Slow Bells
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 38
If you had to select one general use paint for wood/fiberglass/interior/exterior, what would it be?

For me, that would probably be a surface-tolerant epoxy, like Devoe bar-rust 235. For a steel hull, I would prefer some anti corrosive properties in that epoxy.
However, for exterior use, these wonderful epoxies will need top-coating, so maybe you would disqualify them?

So, my answer is that I need two paints.
1. Epoxy
2. Two part linear polyurethane topcoat.

This system works on wood, fibreglass, steel and concrete.

If I had to choose one for all those things it would be Easypoxy.

Ken

If you had to select one general use paint for wood/fiberglass/interior/exterior, what would it be?

Sorry, I can't select just one paint. Wood interior, Behr; exterior wood, Interlux Brightsides; fiberglass, AwlCraft 2000. We use all 3 of these. They're easy to color match, go on easy and repairs are DIY.

I think overall I have found this one the best. It washes out in water, but is a combined sealer, primer and undercoat, and performs pretty damn well even as a top coat, with a slightly matt finish, and can be painted over with acrylic or oil-based topcoats, or polyurethanes. I've found it great at home, and on the boat, and is much cheaper than specified marine undercoats.

Explore Dulux Product Range for Professional Applicators | Dulux

Back
Top Bottom