What is your best: Weather Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurt.reynolds

Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
1982 Grand Banks Motoryacht
Leaving Soon for a trip from SC to VA on our new to us grand banks 42. Wondering what every one thinks about best place to get weather and forecasts?

Thanks

VHF radio WX.

Also there are a number of sites that predict the weather many of government produced.

You should be in range of the local TV channels for the entire trip.

Vote Windytv.com A site you can trust

+1 for windytv. They were spot-on with the wind forecast for the Newport to Ensenada sailboat race last weekend. 28 gusting to 35 Friday afternoon, zip after midnight around the Coronado Islands. :eek:

By the way, they have changed their website URL to simply "windy.com" although windyty and windytv still work for now.

Passageweather.com has nice presentation and a favorite

Best weather for offshore passages is noaa wavewatch3. This is what most of the other sites use to get their data

Passageweather.com has nice presentation and a favorite

Best weather for offshore passages is noaa wavewatch3. This is what most of the other sites use to get their data

Hummmmm Our side of the pond's NOAA weather once clear and readable, is not. So complex and confusing that I have given up on it.:banghead:

Here is an example. Use to be you read the weather by section of the state. Started in Lynn Canal and worked South by district within Southeast Alaska. You knew your district and could isolate it and read it 1-2-3 Now you have to clhick on a site and then a location and then within that location more data. Maybe I am reading or was reading the wrong site, but this is the type of information I was accessing. The 'Canadian' and Windy together give simple clear meaning to the forecast.

http://www.weather.gov/ajk/

Al

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom