Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #21
Master and Commander
City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Originally Posted by yachtbrokerguy View Post
I was given a tour by the captain who told me the last refit was over 2 million within the last few years.
that's not in my budget.

Kar-KEEN-ez Koot
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #22
Scraping Paint
City: -
Not bad but I've seen much better over the years (by my taste). I agree with Eric-- I think the boat looks way too bulky and heavy in the back. Eliminating that structure over the aft deck and making the main cabin transition down a little more gently to the deck would, in my view, make it a much better, sleeker looking vessel.

So if I had the money to buy and maintain something like that, I wouldn't buy that one. But design is subjective, right?

Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #23
City: Seattle
A long time ago, in another life, I, and two partners, bought old Trunpy's and rebuilt them in SE North Carolina. In 5 years, we bought, rebuilt and sold 4 boats. When I was a kid in the mid-late 50's, we lived at the Naval Academy in Annapolis and my Dad took me to the Trumpy yard, the Annapolis Boat Co IIRC, and I fell in love with them. Trumpys, to me, have an unmatched beauty and elegance. John Trumpy was a great boat designer and builder. But, if you are going to own one, be prepared for the yard bills!

I think someone is still trying to build using the Trumpy name, but I don't remember who. Quite a few years ago, John Trumpy's grandson was the Dockmaster/Marina Manager at the Daytona Municipal Marina.

THD is offline   Reply With Quote