What happened to trawlers and trawlering email list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgano

Guru
Vessel Name
FROLIC
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
The site is down, and no emails are moving through the T&T email list.

Mayybe it has taken its final gasp of air???

Dunno. Never looked back at it after finding Trawler Forum. It strikes me as an obsolete platform.

I’ve never heard of the site .

Since 1998, it has been an exceptional resource for thousands of trawler sailors as well as anybody in any kind of boat wanting excellent advice from many professionals as well as active and experienced DIYers. It was received as either a daily digest version or via individual emails as they were posted to the list. Volunteer moderators kept it relevant, and it was the most civil of forums.

Many years ago the daily digest was a couple of hundred emails long. Many of the former posters have now become active here.

:)) Happy to help from my retirement recliner!! For abut 12 years while I was a working stiff, I took the T&T email list as once a day digest which is a compilation of all posts in the last 24 hours, but nowadays I opt for reception of the individual posts as they are made.

OK, I have spoken to Bob McLeran, the moderator, and he tells me that posting to the T&T list has been disrupted for a serious problem of some sort. He expects resolution in 24 hours. Anybody not subscribed to T&T is missing a golden source of trawler information.

I’ve never heard of the site .

It was a big part of the genesis of this forum. It is an outdated and antiquated medium that is email based. No pictures. And heaven forbid you stray slightly off topic. Anyway, there are great contributors over there which makes it worth it. But most are here as well.

I got so frustrated with it that I started this forum. A much better medium for exchanging/sharing information.

We are certainly thankful that you did John!

I wholeheartedly agree! The numerous daily emails and no pics were driving me crazy. As they say, a picture is worth 1000 words.

Also hard to search old discussions on common topics.

I raise my glass to Baker. Thanks for saving us all from T&T emails.

I wholeheartedly agree! The numerous daily emails and no pics were driving me crazy. As they say, a picture is worth 1000 words.

My only beef is that because it's e-mailed based, people hit "reply" and then don't delete all the extraneous crap from the original e-mail (headers, signature lines, even the previous e-mail thread.)

It's especially difficult reading the digest (24 hours' worth of e-mails) because the answers are buried among a vast sea of repetitious replies and headers.

Some days I just give up and delete the whole e-mail.

i have subscribed for 2 years now, and still have NO idea how to read anything posted there ????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom