What great trips !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BandB

Guru
Wifey B: I think my fave thing of all on this site is seeing some newbies making their first trips and then some oldies exploring new areas. Now some also in their blogs. I get so excited reading about one family going to the Tortugas and another to Georgetown and all just getting a great baptism (full dunking, no sprinkling on head stuff) into boating.

I feel like on the whole the site and members are so great at encouraging boating, but also doing it honestly and with caution and encouraging going in with understanding and doing it all safely.

I love it. Love love love love love it. :D:D:D

I'm with you WifeyB. It's nice to see new families come into the boating fraternity and nice to see them become more than just dock queen owners.

Wifey B: I think my fave thing of all on this site is seeing some newbies making their first trips and then some oldies exploring new areas. Now some also in their blogs. I get so excited reading about one family going to the Tortugas and another to Georgetown and all just getting a great baptism (full dunking, no sprinkling on head stuff) into boating.

I feel like on the whole the site and members are so great at encouraging boating, but also doing it honestly and with caution and encouraging going in with understanding and doing it all safely.

I love it. Love love love love love it. :D:D:D

Thanks Wifey B. I'm happy to say that you and B have been an inspiration to me. I've enjoyed reading of your travels too, and taken to heart your view that it's all about finding your own definition of fun. My wife and I worked hard to have what we have, and we want to relax and have fun on our boating excursions. Our measure of success is not in how cheaply we can do it, but in how we add enriching experiences for ourselves and our kids. All have their own measuring sticks, and that's just fine.

Thanks Wifey B. I'm happy to say that you and B have been an inspiration to me. I've enjoyed reading of your travels too, and taken to heart your view that it's all about finding your own definition of fun. My wife and I worked hard to have what we have, and we want to relax and have fun on our boating excursions. Our measure of success is not in how cheaply we can do it, but in how we add enriching experiences for ourselves and our kids. All have their own measuring sticks, and that's just fine.

Wifey B: I can't think of any greater family activity than boating. One caveat, when it's boating with the kids' interests taken into consideration on planning. It's an activity that's cross-generational. I know many here had their love for the water established very young. :)

Wonderful Day

Wifey B: :dance::dance::dance:

I've so looked forward to this for three years. I have a niece, Aurora, who I love soooooooooooooooooooooooooo very very very much and spoil her badly. We said up front that we might take her on a day boat trip with very close supervision but no overnight until she was 3. Well, we're cheating by a month, but today is that first time. I love buying her fancy life jackets too, colorful. What's happened though is where many kids resist them, she knows if she's told to put it on what is coming so she loves it. She loves boats. I'm still just a little nervous but more excited. We woke at 4:00 this morning so guess that tells you my excitement and hubby's too, he's just more subtle. We have things set up for her, to protect her, we have plenty of us to watch her at all times. Her mom is along. I can't wait until she can go with us on her own, come visit us on her own. Obviously she's the smartest most beautiful sweetest three year old in the history of the universe. :D:blush::blush:

P. S. We were there for her birth and I mean in the room. I've never missed a week either seeing her or skyping with her. Started skyping with her when she was two weeks old. Obviously she didn't know what was going on but she learned, when she's put in front of the monitor she's about to see her auntie. :rofl: and uncle and maybe others.

Last edited:
Sounds fun. My wife has the same excitement as we look forward to our first grandchild.

Our family is coming up this weekend to spend some time on the boat before school starts back . We're pretty pumped and it's supposed to be a nice weekend.

Last edited:
What makes this site the best to me is the member will take the time to explain what you need or ask about. Not everyone is a rocket scientist and most need explanation on things in layman terms which the members do.

As for as the first long trip, which started 3 months ago, my bride was not a willing participant. After reading the forum talking and talking to fellow boaters that came through our town she said lets give it a try. After a month on the boat she said I REALLY LIKE THIS!!! Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom