What do You do when not boating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time at home with family and friends. Visiting the orphanage we're involved with. A couple of days here and there at our business. Tennis, basketball, swimming, music. And boating as even when not cruising we still get out on the water at home. And doing nothing but doing it together.

Jim

It is a Kal Clone I built from The Electric Brewery, a HERMS system. The Electric Brewery They are all 20 gal kettles. Regrettably since moving to North Carolina over a year ago I have not had a chance to brew. I work in Philadelphia and just haven't had the time to brew on the weekends I am home. All that will change shortly!

There are now 6 taps on the kegerator and I plan to have all running by the end of the year! I will need to build a smaller version for the boat.

Looks interesting although if I drank that much beer we'd need a larger boat!
I do love good beer...
Bruce

My other passion is motorcyles. Recently my son and I took a 3 week trip around Washington, Idaho, Montana and Oregon where we discovered Hwy 12, an amazing road.This is my 1946 Indian Chief that I put lots of miles on every year.

What a beauty!
Bruce

Bruce,

That's a great video, and a cool little camper. I like the idea of something small and simple like that you can pull with a 1/2 ton. I see folks down here in STX pulling these massive fifth-wheel rigs with massive 1ton diesel trucks. It seems a bit much imo-- like they are trying to take everything with them. However, these people might live in these rigs full time.

You and your wife make some great videos!

Well now, thank you very much!
Now the disappointing part, I traded our F-150 in on a diesel Ram 2500 this year. Partially because I wanted the diesel but mostly because of all of the "stuff" we bring with us when camping. The poor Ford was simply overloaded and the scales told the tale.
We will likely keep the Bambi forever though. It is a great way to travel!
Bruce

Perhaps I like working too much, 69 now and still working. I can pull the trigger anytime and still collect a six figure salary for three years after I stop. this is before touching my pension. I just like what I do.

I love what I do, but it I was that financially set at your age, I would retire in a heartbeat.

I was in practice with my father. At age 71 he decided to start taking it a bit easy and cut down to working 3 days/week. He also decided that he would start taking longer vacations to enjoy his boat more. That next summer he died suddenly during the first week of a 6 week sailing trip to the Broughtens.

My wife doesn't want me to be like him. So my plan, such as it is, is to hopefully be able to cut down to 3 days/week in 2-3 years. I will be working for another decade but hopefully will be able to afford to retire then. Of course, if I go early as my father did, I will have plenty of money.

My wife and I retired at the end of 2010. Since then we've done a bit of traveling by car, by plane and by boat. We spend winters in AZ and enjoy that. We're about to get the bathroom remodeled on the condo down here, so that will be fun to watch but not fun to pay for.

I spend my time playing with grandkids (there's never of that), working on the three boats (the Sea Ray and two Boston Whaler 13'ers), keeping the yard and the pool clean and neat and enjoying Happy Hour.

At our age, Happy Hour is a good afternoon nap!

We have actually had the Bambi for about 5 years now.
We love it!!!
Thanks
Bruce

Wifey B: Oh I think I have it partially figured out. Bambi is a luxury dog house for the two doggies. Where you you sleep? :hide:

Just teasing. Airstreams are very nice. I can't pull one behind my car though. :)

Time at home with family and friends. Visiting the orphanage we're involved with. A couple of days here and there at our business. Tennis, basketball, swimming, music. And boating as even when not cruising we still get out on the water at home. And doing nothing but doing it together.

Wifey B: He left out shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

After several comments about retiring I guess I should describe my job. I am the marketing and sales dept. for a medium sized new home builder. I do project planning for our releases and the sales when we open. 9 months of the year I work from the boat by cel and internet getting clients registered for an launch. Then, for 3 months I work 6 days a week nailing down the sales. In 2016 I worked January to March, released 3 projects with sales of 100 million and then back to the boat where I deal with a dozen phone calls and the same number of emails in a day. I can work from anywhere there is internet, in my jeans or housecoat. They wanted me to write down my methods but settled for me to train my replacement on my schedule which I agreed to. Here is a 50 million dollar weekend.
The old guy in the white shirt and black sleeveless sweater is yours truly.

As one of the first to use Social Media for marketing in the area and the video just makes the next release that much easier. No haggling when there are 50 families lined up behind you.

https://www.facebook.com/marshallhomesca/videos/463506377189391/

Last edited:
5 Months as a Snowbird, far from my boat, cycling, Sports Car Club, etc.
7 months near my boat, RCMSAR activities, woodworking, home DIY projects, Boat DIY projects, etc. Add annual boating vacation, travel to see Grandkids in Europe, how did I ever have time to work full time?

cid:1B36C191-720A-498F-9938-87E459F70BB9

Brew beer, what else is there to do?

That's pretty funny. I used to do a lot of full grain brewing when I lived on the other coast. Also depending on the weather, I'd be out wave sailing, exploring underwater caves, shooting fish underwater at close range or shooting things on land at all ranges ... then I got married. Now we do more boating.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom